Chapter 8: Obsessed With Ponies.

Chapter eight: Obsessed With Ponies.

A wide yawn escapes me as I turn over in my bed, my hand landing on the bed as I throw it to the side. No one is on it. Weird. Where is Mia then?

Too lazy to open my eyes and turn back my head, I roll over the bed, expecting to bump into Mia but you guessed it. I fall right off the bed, landing on the cold, hard floor.

"Ouch!" I yell as I hit the ground. Now wanting to open my eyes, I do. Rubbing my dear butt, I hear a giggle nearby. I look up and find Mia on my study chair, staring at me with her large, pretty blue eyes.

"It's not funny, Mia," I groan as I get off the floor.

"Okay, I laughed when you fell, which is extremely funny by the way, but I'm still not talking to you." She turns the chair to look away from me.

"Seriously? You're still mad? But I've been apologizing since yesterday and- "

"Lalalalala. . ." She cuts me off, sticking her fingers into her ear holes, closing her eyes.

"Oh come on! You can't possibly still be mad! I mean, new day, new. . .what do they say again?"

"Still mad," she continues yelling.

Well this ain't gonna ruin my Sunday morning.

I throw the duvet over my head, deciding to continue my sleep.

She stops yelling after a while.

"So that's it? You just give up?"

My face slowly creases into a small smile, but I keep mute.

"Hey!" She yells again but I don't move.

I hear shuffling movement and the duvet is pulled away from my face.

"Daisy!"

"What? Come on, I'm trying to sleep here."

"Sleep? At eight in the morning?"

"Yeah?"

"Get up," she says, pulling my arm.

"No, I don't wanna," I reply, gripping the wooden frame of my bed. I soon hear creaking sounds, and I let it go.

"Okay," she drops my arm. "If you don't get up, I won't ever forgive you."

"Ugh. Alright I'll get up," I sigh.

When I get off the bed, she returns to the study chair.

I yawn again, rubbing the sleep off my eyes, and the whole place is suddenly quiet.

"Uhm, is this a good time to talk about - "

"No," she snaps.

"Geez, okay, later then," I say.

Five hours later, we are having lunch at the dining table and aunt Felicia is commending us for keeping the house clean and how she would love to visit us again.

Oh, I totally forgot they'd be leaving today.

"Hey Daisy," Mia whispers.

"Hm?" I answer, my mouth full of spaghetti.

"We need to talk before I leave."

"Oh okay."

"What are you two always talking about though?" My mom asks.

"Yeah, they're always in Daisy's room, talking about something they don't want anyone else to hear," aunt Felicia adds.

"Well, w- we uh, we talk about - "