Chapter 60: Unexpected Visitor.

Chapter sixty: Unexpected Visitor.

Mr. Francis never showed up again, and we had the rest of his period free. After a few more classes, the bell goes off and school ends for the week. Everyone starts to leave the classroom with a smile on their faces, finally happy to be done with school - at least for the next two days.

I stand up and reach under my desk, grabbing the stack of notebooks in there.

"Don't forget your apology love letter," Jasmine picks the crumpled piece of paper from the seat and hands it to me. I smile and collect it from her. She smiles back and throws her backpack over her shoulder. She tells me goodbye and when I reply, she leaves the classroom. I drop the books in my hand on the chair and smoothen the paper against the table. Noah passes by, muttering a quick goodbye, and vanishes out of the room before I can reply. Weird.

I decide to gloss over the contents of the letter once more - just for nothing's sake. As I sit on the chair, I look back to check for anyone else in the class. I see someone with black hair bending down to...wipe her shoes? Why is Sam the one left, out of everyone else in the class? Maybe I should just leave.

I pick up my books and fold the letter again, making my way outside the class.

"Wait!" I hear her shout from the spot she is standing. Ugh, I roll my eyes so hard that they hurt. I stop and turn around to see her scurrying towards me.

"What?" I ask.

"Hey, uh...I was thinking about the-"

"Can't you just leave me the fuck alone? Do you think we're friends?" I cut her off, looking straight into her eyes. Her expression does not falter.

"I'm just trying to hel-"

"Trying to what? Trying to help me? Oh, thank you very much but I think you've helped me enough. What help could you even-"

"I'm trying to help you, Daisy! I know you think I'm the villain here but it's really not what you think it is. I know you're mad but at least let me talk." Her voice then reduces in volume. "You mentioned something about a note someone wrote to Dustin, and accused me of writing it - whatever the note contained. Don't you think... Don't you think it could have been someone else?"

"Someone like who?"

"I don't know, maybe... Maybe someone like your friend, Jasmine, or whatever her name is. I know, and I'm sure you know too that she's like, infatuated with Dustin, I mean she's been that way ever since I knew her. She might have written it, you never know," she shrugs.

Anger swells up in me on hearing Jasmine's name. How dare she accuse Jasmine of doing what she knows she did? What is she trying to do now, destroy our friendship?

"What the f...what the fuck are you saying? That's what's next on your bucket list, isn't it? Break us up as you did with Dustin and I? How the hell are you so pathetic?"

"I was just saying. There's no need to be mad or anything. I just figured since it wasn't me, it might have been-"

"Just shut up. Please, I beg you, avoid me. Don't stop me to tell me about shit like this again. Don't even try to talk to me ever again. Have a nice day, Samantha."