Chapter 2 - Contortion Powder?

_________________________

02| Contortion Powder?

"Can we cancel?" I ask for the 20th time.

"Just shutup your going whether you like it or not!" Rae snaps back.

I look at myself uneasily in the mirror, smoothing the creases in the horrid pink mini dress Jordan forced me into. My boyish chest is aparrent, 18 and I still haven't bloomed yet. I turn to the side in the hopes of finding a better angle only to find myself growing more and more disheartened.

"Come, let me do your make-up" Rae calls. I hesitantly walk to my bed and place myself full of anticipation. Rae re-entered the room with what seemed to be a suitcase of make-up.

"Do you have foundation, powder or concealer?" She asks.

"Do I have what, what or what?" I respond evidently confused.

"Urgh! We'll just have to work with this" she sighs angrily motioning to my face. Jordan walks over and begins to help Rae drown me in what they said is called contortion powder?

After the duration of about half an hour my make-up was done to a somewhat pristine 'Queen B' level. I walk back over to the mirror ready to hit the town when reality flooded back into my brain. There are many reasons why I can't do this:

1.This is not my crowd, I'm surprised my room-mates even associate with me. Am I their 'project'?

2. I have social anxiety, I'll have a mental breakdown and embarass myself

3. We can't drink, we're underage

4. I don't have a fake id, this party said bring your own drink and I'm pretty sure these guys have no liquor

5. Last but not least, being seen turning up to the party with Ethan Burke or anywhere near him is like me asking for the death penalty

I wasn't really gonna back out now, was I?

Bile began to rise and my throat was burning, massive mutant butterflies were performing a rodeo inside of my stomach and I was pretty sure I would throw up then and there. Within seconds I was in the bathroom with my head over the toilet bowl. Whilst I attempted to vomit, since nothing decided to rise, I heard a tune being knocked on the front door. Ethan Burke. I jump up and lock the bathroom door in the hopes that they'd forget that I exsisted and leave.

"Where's Sienna?" I heard Seth ask.

"She's vomitting her life up in the bathroom or just hiding away" Rae says, without a care. I could almost tell that she was focusing on Ethan, I'm not as important as him anyway.

A few footsteps nearing the bathroom were followed by a few light taps on the bathroom door. I squeeze my eyes shut hoping he wouldn't see me, you know what they say, if you can't see them they can't see you'. Honestly though, that was ridiculous because there was a door separating us.

"Sienna, if I have to go to this blasted party then so do you. I thought we were a team" Seth says, trying his best to give me a pep talk.

"We could stay here together until they come back" I moan. I want nothing more than to be left alone to wallow in self pity about how hard my damn histology homework was, but no Rae and Jordan make me the sacrificial lamb so they can have a chance with the 'charming bad boy' that apparently makes every girl swoon! Well not me, I'll tell you that right now!

I'm so infuriated that I stupidly opened the door and clamber around in the ridiculous 6 inch heels I am wearing and charge at Jordan.

"You and your stupid boobs need to let me stay home and do my homework" I screech.