*Intro*

Hi im Jenny, im 17, i live with my mom and older brother. Life for us hasn't always been easy if i have to say so myself. My dad left shortly after i turned two, from then on our life slowly went down hill. Mom began looking for a job so we wouldn't lose our house or car. Mom started working two jobs just so she could support us and our education.

Mom always put us first even if it meant she never got to do anything fun like: go out with friends, or just relax. No matter how hard we tried to get her to do something for herself she refused even after my brother Tommy graduated and started working. Dad never helped, it was as if in his world we didn't exist. He never paid his child support, but yet he could help take care of his new wife and her children. but not his own. Dad never comes to see me, I've called him and his office at least a hundred times to try and build a relationship with him, but it never works. All I ever wanted was my father in the picture, but try as I may that will never come true. School is very hard to handle especially with all the peer pressure from all of the kids at school, they believe that you have to be popular or nothing at all and I don't believe in that, I've always been taught to treat others with respect no matter who they are, I just wish some others knew that. I get bullied a lot for being the only mixed girl in Upward High School. I'm the shortest in my grade, I'm a toothpick as my boyfriend Duke describes me, I have long brown hair, its naturally curly. I look more like my father with the facials and my eyes are the same shimmery blue as seen in every picture we have of my father.

I wouldn't say mom hasn't moved on, she has its just she kept them around so I would know who my father is. Cuz at the age I was when dad left I didn't know him well. Mom doesn't exactly like dating, every available man that has tried to hit on her she has turned down and politely explained that the only thing she needs in her life is her children, do I believe this no. I believe mom needs a companion because we wont always be here, we'll begin lives of our own, the reason Tommy sticks around is for me and to help mom support me. Mom and Tommy haven't always seen eye to eye, but they always make things work for my sake. Little do they know I'm fine just wishing that my father cared about me as much if not more than they do. Duke says I'm to quiet when it comes to being social. In my eyes all I need is my family, him, and my best friend Grace. I've known Duke and Grace since starting school, but it wasn't until 10th grade that Duke and I started dating, we had talked about it a year before 10th, but Duke couldn't ever take the time to truly know how to date. Grace on the other hand was like the most popular girl in school and had the best looking boyfriend in every other students eyes except mine, I didn't care all that much for Zach because he constantly lied to Grace and cheated, but like a fool she wouldn't leave him alone. Over the summer they split up cause Zach decided partying and cheating was more important than Grace, This school year I'm hoping Grace will leave him alone and look for someone better than him. Which is were we begin on our journey You and I will discover things not expected and some expected. Now then shall we begin...