Chapter 10 - Stephen

"You don't remember, huh?"

Walking into the house with Claudia holding hands, I feel complete, like I have everything in the world... with her by my side. But then I remember Kiera is behind us with whatever she important thing she has to talk to me about.

Luke went to go find Lacie somewhere in the house.

We reach the kitchen, Claudia goes to the fridge bring me and her water but none for Kiera. I laugh inside and shake my head. She's the first one to break the silence, "Can we hurry this up, it's getting late and I really don't appreciate you being here at this time." Or any time of the day.

Kiera takes a deep breath "Stephen, I'm pregnant." What the hell is she talking about, pregnant? I can't be the father, we slept together not too long ago.

"What is she talking about?" Claudia asks with pure anger. Her arms are crossed over her chest, I can see her breathing increased but the horrible news Kiera threw at us.

"Baby, I don't. I have never slept with her before I got here." I turn to Kiera. "Kiera, you're crazy if you think I'm the father. If I was it would be too early to even be pregnant, I know how this works and I'm not an idiot, I wore protection." I see her bottom lip as if she's about to cry.

"You slept with her?" Claudia sounds broken. I cup her face, staring deeply into her eyes before I confess.

"I'm sorry, I lied to you. Yes, I slept with her but that was before I even met you. She's nothing, believe me, baby." I whisper the last part.

"You don't remember, huh?" Kiera speaks again.

I keep still, taking in Claudia's beauty, running my fingers down her long wavy brown hair. She's it for me.

"Remember what?" Claudia questions.

"Your boyfriend here came three months ago. I was at a club with my friends having such a good time," I look back at Kiera as she walks around the kitchen looking at everything. I get annoyed by the sound of her tall heels with every step she takes. "Then Stephen tumbles in the club with all his friends, all having the biggest smiles but... his," she steps closer to me. "his caught my attention the most. Those pearly whites, that smile that lights up the world. My eyes obviously caught his, he didn't even waste time. He came up to me, we danced, talked, laughed, then we went back to his hotel where we- well you know what happened. Any of this jog your memory Stephen!" She smirks. "Don't you remember running your hands all over my body, worshiping me like I was your whole world. Or maybe you can remember the way you screamed my name. We had sex that night and the morning after, I guess protection wasn't really something you cared about before since you wanted me on my hands and knees in an instant." Fuck. What the fuck is wrong with me? How could I have let this happen?

"You don't have proof I'm the father. You're a whore, you've slept with many men. That baby is probably one percent of each man you have slept with. So don't come to her with your assumptions. I don't care if that child is mine or not, I'm not going to support you. You brought yourself into this, you could have stopped yourself from getting pregnant. I'm not gonna spend a penny on you or that child." I might be harsh on her but that child isn't mine and I'm not gonna give her the satisfaction she wants. "Go do what you do best to someone else. Now get out of my face." I spit. Walking away to the room and slamming the door. I meant everything I said, no matter if it hurt her. She can't fuck up my life with that. I won't let her.

I walk to the end of the bed and lay on my back, staring at myself in the honeycomb-shaped mirror on the ceiling. I had every right to be pissed at her, to go off on her like that.

Shit, Claudia. I was so pissed off I forgot she was behind me.

I lift my head at the light coming in through the door. Claudia comes in slowly. "She left already, can't believe you slept with that. Stephen I-" I cut her off before she continues.

"I know what you're gonna say. Just leave it... I don't want to talk about it." She nods. "Come here." I curl my fingers, directing her to me. She stands in front of me, sitting up I grab her hands and rub the back of them with my thumbs. I then pull her to me, making her straddle me. God, she makes wonders to me. "Make me forget." She smiles mischievously at me but then it drops.

"Stephen, don't you think it's too soon?" I draw my eyebrows together. She wants to wait? I'm just shocked because girls don't hesitate when I mention sex. But I know Claudia isn't like them. If she wants to wait, we have all the time in the world. I won't rush her.

"Of course baby." I caress her cheek with my thumb.

We spent the rest of the night watching a movie called Sixteen Candles. Claudia was happy to see how well Luke and Lacie we're getting along. Not sure if Lacie has told her what she and Luke have been doing, Luke is like my brother so we tell each other everything. There's a time when I wish he didn't tell me certain things but what can I say they're perfect for each other.

"I think we're gonna head out," Luke says smirking at Lacie, she looks flushed by the way he can't stop looking at her. "Lacie is feeling... um kinda sick so I'm going to take her home." I look at him suspiciously. I know she's not feeling ill. Just minutes ago they were giggling and couldn't keep their hands to themselves.

I shake my head and chuckle "yeah, alright. I'll see you later man." We do a bro handshake and they proceed to leave while Claudia and Lacie hug and see their goodbyes.

After the movie finished we took a shower separately and went straight to bed wrapped in each other's arms.

***

I'm suddenly woken up by cries coming from Claudia. I sit up quickly and try to soothe her. "Hey, Claudia." I carefully try to shake her arm but she still doesn't respond. "Baby, why are you crying?" Is she asleep? I can't tell, she's facing the other way. I turn her around and her eyes finally open, she looks confused and scared. "We're you dreaming? You were crying I didn't know if you were awake or not. What happened?" She rubs her eyes, removing the tears running down her cheeks.

"I- I don't know, I was dreaming but- ugh," she sighs covering her face with her hands. "I'm sorry I just keep getting these dumb dreams."

"How long have you been having them?" I ask her.

"It doesn't matter, honestly." I parted my lips, about to say something but she stops me. "Stephen, it really is nothing. Can we just go back to sleep, I'm sorry." She kisses me making me lay on my back then rests her head on my chest.

I can't help but wonder what her dreams might be about. I want to ask her but if they make her cry, whatever it is, it must have hurt her badly.