Chapter 15 - Claudia

"I'm scared."

After leaving the store with three pregnancy tests that James bought. I drove straight to his house, no way in hell would I take him back to my place. I would never disrespect Stephen like that and for all he has done for me.

I peed on two of the stick and laid them on the counter next to me. James knocked saying he's coming in, I stayed quiet looking down at the ground not wanting to see the results.

"It's gonna be fine-" he crosses his arms over his chest giving me an assured smile.

"Fine?! James, I have a boyfriend that I really like. How am I gonna tell him about this?" I cover my face with my hands.

"Claudia forget about him, you're pregnant with my child. We're in this together, I'm not gonna let another man take care of my kid." My eyes widen at his words. I'm pregnant?

I turn to look at the stick...two lines.

"Oh my god," I whisper.

"We're gonna be parents!" James hugs me from the back with a tight squeeze. "We need to make an appointment at the clinic, do you know how many months you might be?" He asks.

I shake my head. I can't believe this is happening and with James of all people. I know with everything we've been through, people would tell me I'm stupid and crazy to have a kid with him. Abortion can be an option but that will live with me forever to know I did that to my baby. I wouldn't be able to get passed that.

"James," I turn back to face him. "I'm scared." After what happened between us, can I really trust in again? He told me he changed but he hasn't shown me. I know it takes days or weeks to gain someone's trust back but I keep reliving that day in my dreams; he told me he loved me so many times then went to sleep with someone else again and again while I stayed home-

"You have nothing to be afraid of I'm here for you. I will never leave your side from now on okay. I'm gonna make it up to you and show you what a fine ass dad I'm going to be." He smirks pulling me closer to him.

***

Two days have passed, I've been going back and forth from my place to James. Yesterday we went to the clinic, the doctor told me that I'm about two and a half months pregnant. I was shocked by how I got morning sickness till now. They did an ultrasound and printed four pictures for me and James. We left so happy, he kept looking at the pictures of our little three-month baby, he/she looks like a little tiny alien.

Today I woke up feeling a bit depressed, I haven't heard from Stephen since he left. I called Lacie since she more in contact with Luke, all she told me was that his mom was sick and that he doesn't know when he'll be coming back. I just wondered why he doesn't talk to me himself.

The day he left I came back from James's place not knowing what to say to him. I knew I shouldn't hide it from him but when I saw that his drawers were empty I broke down and rushed to call him from my phone but there was no ring-like if his phone was off.

I keep trying to contact him but I don't get a response. I have sent him so many texts, only to 'delivered'. Until today when I checked my phone I saw on the bottom right side 'read'.

My heart started raising when three dots showed up indicating that he's typing. I did nothing but wait for his response.

I heard my stomach growl, yup best part about being pregnant is that your appetite increases. I always thought that it would be the other way around; I had this friend in school that was pregnant and she didn't like eating half of the things she used to before. I shrug at the thought and go downstairs to the kitchen to make myself some pancakes.