Chapter 1

Deputy Head of the Alchemy Division, Hermione Granger, pushed the contents of her messy desk into her bag, she desperately wanted to get home to her fiancé, Ron Weasley.

"Let's hope that's everything," she muttered to herself. She simply couldn't afford to anger Ron if she needed to come back to the Ministry. Ron had recently become angrier, he never struck her but it felt like his words did.

"Here we go," Hermione mumbled as she walked out of her office to apparate to the flat Ron and her shared.

CRACK

Hermione landed rather smoothly and she set her bag down, hoping to surprise her fiancé, but she heard sounds coming from the bedroom.

"Mhmmm Ron, my won-won!"

"Keep your mouth shut, let me enjoy this without your blabbering."

A curious Hermione walked closer to the bedroom to see what was going on, and to say she was startled was an understatement.

Ron was on top of Lavender, Lavender Brown his supposed ex-lover! Hermione was not dumb she could see the pleasure in both of their eyes, Ron especially. Her heart swelled in anger. How could he do this, she thought angrily!

"Ron," she whispered almost frozen?

"Hermione," he cried out, turning from the bed, and Lavender as he did so. "This isn't what it looks like, he pleaded. He hopped out of bed forgetting he was naked, "It was a mistake, she was a mistake."

"It isn't what it looks like," Hermione asked, "because to me it looks like you were shagging the living daylights out of Lavender Brown!"

"Hermione, just please listen," Ron asked, walking toward her.

"Stay the fuck away from me, Ronald, Hermione screamed bitterly. "You two better get the hell out of this house right now, since I'm the one who pays the rent, Ron you can leave, and come back tomorrow all your stuff will be at the doorstep, now get the fuck away from me you bastard."

"Hermione I-" Ron tried to say

"You what, it was a one-time thing? Well, I don't fucking care Ronald, being my fiancé means you're loyal, for Merlin's sake Ron, we were going to be married!"

"Yeah well maybe I wouldn't have to have turned to Lavender if you would have been here longer, supporting and finding time for me," Ron curtly interjected.

"SUPPORT YOU? That'S ALL I BLOODY DID. I'M THE ONLY ONE PROVIDING FOR OUR FAMILY, I GO OUT EVERYDAY AND WORK WHILE YOU WHAT, WATCH THE CHANNONS PLAY? YOU DON'T HAVE A BLOODY JOB, NOT EVEN HARRY COULD FIND AN EXCUSE TO HIRE YOU!" Hermione raged at Ron while he and Lavender tried to put on their clothes,

"You know what I'm glad that I cheated on you with Lavender, she's gorgeous and kind unlike you, you dumb cow" Ron screamed back.

"Get the fuck out RONALD," Hermione screamed while drawing her wand! "Now I definitely know how to use this and I know you know what happens when your on the other end of this stick, so just fucking leave Ron"

Ron gulped and took Lavender's hand, "I think this was an Angels gift upon me, the chance of leaving you," Ron replied while taking his wand off the nightstand. "Goodbye bitch!"

CRACK

Hermione stared at the blank wall where Ron and Lavender had just disappeared. Tears dripped down her face, slow at first but then began to fall and fall. What just happened?