vii.

It was a Saturday, so I didn't wake up that early. I awoke at 10 and pretty much did everything I could to tell myself that after Trevor tells me everything tonight, everything will go back to normal.

With the time passing by unexpectedly fast, dusk had arrived, draping my neighbourhood with dazzling hues of apricot and marigold. It was 5:45 pm, and I had already showered and found myself some clothes to wear. I decided on a simple white T-shirt and a navy blue cardigan, and dark grey jeans to warm my feet from the cold night. After some touch-ups, I walked out of my house at 6, heading towards the Italian restaurant Trevor had told me about.

I've never been to that restaurant before, so I just followed the directions to it from my phone's GPS system, after finding the restaurant name from Trevor's message yesterday. Soon, I reached the restaurant at nightfall, recognizing Trevor standing under a lamppost that had already illuminated following the darkening sky.

"Hey!" I cried to him while waving my hand. He noticed me and gave me an eye smile, then walked towards me.

"That was quite early, actually," He said. "I came earlier though. I didn't expect you to come early because you almost always arrive late to events, hahah."

"Well, I ended up going out of my house faster than I expected, so why not?" I shrugged. "Anyway," I began as I motioned to the entrance of the fancy restaurant, "let's go inside and eat?"

"Yeah."

The door of the restaurant opened, and we managed to find a small table for two near the window. As I settled down, Trevor helped me take my order, me reminding him once again that I don't mind eating whatever he ordered for me.

"So..." I began after Trevor took a drink from his home-brought water bottle which strangely has a few fizzy bubbles. My eyebrows furrowed. "Wait, are my eyes fooling me or is the drink in that bottle of yours Spr—"

"Yeah, it's just in a water bottle." Trevor finished, dimples flashing cheekily. "Y'know, in case the restaurant prohibits it."

"Jesus."

"I'm 70% made out of Sprite, as you can see." He chuckled as he closed the lid and stashed it into his sling bag. "Yes? What was it that you wanted to ask me?" He said as he folded his fingers together, his current position striking a chord in my mind, but which I couldn't put my head on where had I saw it.

"Uh, about that..." I fidgeted about in my seat, struggling to meet his gaze. "You said... you'd tell me everything... y'know, about everything that has happened recently." I sighed.

Trevor stared deeply into my eyes. I couldn't tell whether his eyes contained worry or something else, but it looked... a bit sorrowful?

"All right. I'll tell you about them..."

"Here's your food!" The waiter interrupted as he served our spaghettis, and Trevor's gaze reappeared behind the waiter's arm, a smile now replacing the previously sad expression.

"But for now, let's have fun before I tell you all that, can we?"

Somehow his sorrow hasn't faded properly, as I could hear it faintly through his tone. I wanted to press further, but I decided to ask him later, when his mood was better.

"This spaghetti looks nice." Trevor began as he complimented the meal, admiring its appearance. Was he changing the subject? I thought, but I pushed it aside. I was feeling hungry after all.

We finished the spaghetti in no time, conversating a lot about small things. Trevor had asked me whether I had gotten a few pimples on the forehead (which I thoroughly denied), and I had asked Trevor if he had gotten a new haircut (he stated he had just trimmed a bit of his bangs).