22.

Y/N insisted Taehyung spend the next couple of days with his friends and scolded him when he protested.

"They came all this way to see you, we've had our date so please spend time with them now."

Taehyung grumbled, pouting his swollen lips as they reached the door to Y/N's apartment.

"Two days away from you though, don't think I can manage that."

Y/N chuckled, placing a kiss on his cheek.

"It'll fly by."

It took several more kisses before Taehyung finally relented and headed back home.

~

"Tae! Does Y/N like Korean barbecue?" Jimin had asked the moment he stepped though his apartment door and slipped out of his shoes.

"Yeah why do you ask?" He cocked a brow quizzically, stunned to find Jimin sitting at the kitchen counter searching on his phone for party ideas.

"We want to make Y/N dinner tomorrow!" Jimin smiled, eyes focusing on Taehyung to judge from his reaction whether this would be a good idea or not.

Taehyung's eyes widened a fraction, not that he didn't want his friends to meet Y/N but he just didn't expect it so soon.

"We don't have to though, I know this is still new for you guys and that you haven't really labelled what your relationship is yet."

Taehyung smiled, shaking his head as he approached the counter.

"I would really like you guys to meet her, we also have a label now."

"Wait...what? You do? Since when? What's the label?" Jimin stumbled over his words, shocked that Taehyung seemed to be opening up so quickly.

This was a good thing right?

"Well the two of us are definitely dating, we also agreed to be exclusive as long as we're doing this. It's too early to say there's anything more to our relationship but she's different Jimin, she understands me and doesn't push for more."

"I'm happy for you Tae, truly. I was so worried after you lost Jin, you weren't yourself for such a long time and refused to allow anyone else in. I know why, I know the fear of losing someone you care about hindered chances for something more meaningful but maybe you just needed to meet the right person."

Taehyung nodded, totally agreeing with his friend.

"This all started with me wanting to help her but then something shifted, it wasn't just about the tattoo anymore. It was about wanting her to see how beautiful she was, I guess you could say it was one troubled soul meeting another. I could see the sadness in her eyes when we first met, it matched my own in a way. I know it seems crazy." Taehyung huffed out a laugh, fingers nervously drumming over the granite counter.

Jimin simply smiled, elbow on the counter and cheek resting over his open palm.

He didn't say anything, simply waited for his friend to continue.

"I met her just over three months ago now and we've only had two dates but Namjoon hyung said that when he met Jess he just knew, they're still together now so it's proof that a love like that can work."

Jimin felt his heart swell, abundantly happy that his friend was finally getting to experience a love like this.

"Taetae love has no rules, there isn't a set amount of time you need to know someone to feel love for them. It's unpredictable, it can be tumultuous one minute and blissful the next. I know it's not something I talk about much, always trying to convince myself I'm happy with my playboy lifestyle but I want it too Tae. I want to feel a love like Namjoon has with Jess and experience the fall like you're doing now with Y/N." Jimin sighed, eyes wistful.