Chapter 5

1 year later - April 2020 -

Ethaniel is now 4 years old, I'm 17 years old, Evan is 15 years old, Emery is 13 years old and papa is 34 years old. Papa and Troye have been together for 15 months now and his awkwardness toward Ethaniel and me has gone; he didn't know how to process that I was a young father. I'm not as close with him as I am with Thomas and Oliver but Troye and I get along fine.

I have a month worth of school left and I'll be graduating a year earlier than my friends. I've applied and been accepted into three colleges and I'm going to attend Colorado State University Online. I want to minor in Photography and major in Journalism.

Alex and Amy broke up a couple of months ago because Amy was cheating; Ashton's dating a girl named Anika and she's a 10th grader and she seems nice. I will say our group of four no longer exists; Ashton, Amy, Anika and me hang out or Alex, Ashton and me. Asher has moved away to attend college at Florida State University.

I've also started chatting with a guy online through Snapchat; his name is Lucas Williams and he's my age. We're meeting this afternoon at the park and papa, my siblings and Ethaniel are coming with me.

"Ethan, are you ready to go?" Evan asks; shrugging on his coat as his shoes are already on.

Looking around me quickly making sure I have what I need and slip my coat on; "Yes, I am."

As the five of us make our way to the bench at the park where Lucas is supposed to meet me, I instantly take notice that he's already here. Smiling as I take him in while allowing Emery and Evan to take Thaniel to the sandbox.

"Give him a chance, Ethan," papa softly says; clapping me on the shoulder before joining the kids.

Taking a deep breath while walking over to Lucas, he's already been honest with me about his appearance. He has broad shoulders and short dark hair as this is all I can really observe since he's sitting with his back to me. 

Rounding the bench to sit next to him tentatively, my smile still in place; "Hi Lucas; thanks for meeting me."

He instantly smiles at me, turning his body toward mine and lying his arm across the back of the bench; "Hey, no problem; I'm glad we could meet up!"

Both of us lean back against the bench, Lucas moving closer to me with his arm now behind my back. His intense stare makes me to blush; which causes him to chuckle.

"You're beautiful," he murmurs; my skin darkening with a deeper blush.

"Thank you and you're handsome," I murmur; fiddling with my fingers that are on my lap. 

Lucas' smile grows bigger as he lies his hand over top of mine, rubbing my hands softly; "Thank you; so how about we walk around?"

Nodding at him with; "Yes, please."

Lucas stands, holding his hands out toward me to help me onto my feet; smiling up at him, I allow him to help me to my feet. Walking around the park, we talk while I watch my family from the corners of my eyes.

"Is that your family over there?" he asks; gesturing towards them with a smile.

"Yeah, hope you don't mind that they're here?" I meeky respond.

Lucas smiles widens as he shakes his head; "Not at all, wish I was as close to mine as you are. I've been living on my own for a year now; I was emancepated from my mom when I was 16 years old."

Pouting slightly at this, murmuring; "That's so sad; I'm sorry you've had to deal with that."

"Not your fault, beautiful; just how my life has been up to this point but it is much better now with you here," he softly responds; causing me to blush.

Deciding to be hold and go out of my comfort zone, I grab Lucas' hand in mine; giving it a gentle squeeze. Lucas walks closer to me; returning the gentle squeeze to my hand and a soft smile.

"Would you like to meet them?" I quietly ask; nervous that he wouldn't want too or that he won't like them.

"I would love, too," he smiles widely at me; as the two of us make our way to my family.

Maybe this is the beginning of something great!