In The Pines. (Rick Grimes/TWD FanFic)

Danielle Joelle Moore was born on August 18th, 1986. Danielle grew up in Atlanta, Georgia; she lived with her Mother and Father, Kathy and Richard, and twin brother, Daniel. 

For years, the family always put on a happy front in hopes to cover up the dark things that were going on. Danielle cried out for help from anyone who would listen, but was only threatened that if she were to say much more that she would be killed. This all being said by her alcoholic father who had charmed everyone in town to believe he was a saint, but Danielle knew he was a damn good liar. It wasn't only Danielle's father who had secrets, but her Mother also had her fair hidden issues. Danielle's mother had a drug problem, which made the matter even worse for Danielle. Both her mother and father physically and mentally abused her. She didn't feel loved, and her brother wasn't much help when sticking up for his sister. Danielle's parents always seemed to favor Daniel more than they did Danielle, which wasn't that surprising considering he excelled at a young age. They'd say she was a mistake, that she wasn't supposed to be created; they only wanted a boy, but yet got a girl too. Most of the time Danielle felt unwanted, lonely, and depressed. She never had been able to meet anyone who would actually take the time to find out about the true Danielle. Sure she was beautiful, but she couldn't trust that the people she met wouldn't turn on her. The trust issue Danielle dealt with escalated into high school. She was fueled with anxiety, had low self-esteem, she was afraid of talking to people, and the anger towards her family became increasingly high. High school wasn't anymore different than the rest of Danielle's life. She had began to have violent thoughts directed towards her family. It terrified her to know that there were people she hated so much that she could imagine things, such as killing. Danielle hated herself for thinking the way she did about her family, but she couldn't help it after being treated as badly as she had been; the violence was pent up, and something she had inherited from her parents. Many times Danielle contemplated ending it all with suicide, but every time she would plan everything out and attempt to do so she would chicken out. She didn't want to die, and as much as she hated her life she prayed that she would find happiness at some point.

During the second year of high school, Danielle grew tired of the emptiness she felt. The time in her life where she was supposed to be happy, was spent crying and feeling sorry for herself. This led to Danielle dropping out of high school. She had no reason to be there and only felt out of place. Leaving was something she'd later regret, but at the time it was wonderful. The freedom was amazing. Soon after she left her family's home. Finally, after years of massive partying, Danielle got her GED and took the steps to get a degree in nursing. Danielle did a good job of covering up the pain that was there from her past, but experimenting with drugs and alcohol was her way of coping. Years later, Danielle had grown up. The parties ended, the drugs were gone, and alcohol was almost a thing of the past. Things were going great, but things changed all too soon.

**This chapter is mainly the backstory of Danielle.**