XIII - Getting Along? Not.

"Sweetie, look at what I found this morning!"

"I fixed it a bit.."

"Do you like it?"

"..I love it! It's so pretty!!"

"Hm, once you try it on you'll look just like a flower!"

The girl smiled at the compliment.

"I'll make you all the beautiful dresses, ma bell."

"Our lives will change. One day."

"I promise you."

Days slowly went by and you were still stuck in the Hotel. You spent most of your time inside locked away in your room. You'd come out every once in a while, probably to visit the library but those were.. rare times. You refused to get out. You felt as though there will be eyes following you everywhere once you step foot outside your room.

So, you kept yourself busy.. redecorating. The red that once tainted the walls were gone and replaced with only white and rich golden colors..

You had to admit it was fun. Charlie wouldn't mind, right? 

Other than that you would sit in front of your vanity, combing your hair and taking care of your wings. It was hard for you to sit there and just watch those pretty white feathers slowly fade into black. Sometime you couldn't bear just standing there and doing nothing.. So, you found another way to try and.. 'escape'. You had a feeling that this hotel was doing no progress on your redemption. 

You were starting to doubt Charlie.

So, before going to sleep you'd use your powers to summon.. angels from the Heavens. Well, you tried. You haven't really made progress on that.. Your calls would always be declined and turned down. But you knew.. you just knew they hear your calls they just.. didn't want to help you..

Michael.

Gabriel.

Even.. A-

Knock knock knock.

Before you could finish that thought, series of knocks on the door was heard.

You drop your hairbrush and quickly hid your wings. With your magic you quickly tied your hair back to a bun. Walking towards the door you quickly knew who it was outside waiting for you, simply by the demon's aura and smell.. there's no denying it.

You opened the door and there he was standing all tall and mighty with his cursed cane and evil grin.

"Hello." He spoke, his voice deep and hoarse.

"What do you want?" Was your first response, not even bothering with a greeting. Why would you? You despised him-

"Dear, it's been quite a while since we last spoken haven't we? It saddens me so.." He said, placing the back of his hand on his forehead, doing a pose, so fake and dramatic.

"Aw well, that's good to hear, Alastor." You smiled. "Is that all you have to say? Then, goodbye." You quickly said, shutting the door to his dumb- smiling face.

But before you could could feel as though some dark force had stopped you from fully closing the door. Alastor's magic. "The princess worries about you, dear." He suddenly said. "She fears that you will starve to death in there."