The Prophecy

We finally found the others and they were gathered at Thalia's tree. Everyone was in a state of panic.

"Who would do this?" Someone asked as Perc and I arrived.

"Luke poisoned the tree." Perc stated and they all turned to us.

"Percy! Liz!" Ann shouted and ran over.

"Yay, your alive." Clarrise sassed.

"Yeah, but we're not the only ones." Perc told them and the two of us went with Chiron to the office. "Luke let the bull in. Without the tree's barrier... he probably figures there's enough demi-Titans out there to get him what he wants."

"And that would be what, exactly?" Ms. La Rue asked us.

"Our annihilation, Ms. La Rue." I spoke up.

"How's the coming?" Chiron asked.

"Slowly." The person said and the three of us walked out of the room.

"I know this probably isn't the best time... but there's something we have to ask you." Perc told Chiron who nodded.

"What is it?" He asked.

"It was something Luke said about a prophecy... how we're mentioned in it. Do you know anything about this?" Perc asked and Chiron sighed.

"Knowledge isn't always power, Percy, Ozean. Sometimes, it's a burden." Chiron told us as we walked.

"We know that. But like you said, we've been pretty unexceptional lately." I said.

"It's got us wondering if we're prophecy-worthy." Perc continued.

"They say that when the gods wish to torture us... they answer our prayers." Chiron told us and then lead us to a different part of the building. "I was hoping to spare you this onus a little while longer, but go inside. Upstairs, to the attic. And when you come back down, we'll talk some more. Assuming you're still sane, that is." He pointed to a pair of stairs we had never gone up before. Perc and I exchanged looks before slowly walking upstairs.

"I am the spirit of Delphi... speaker of the prophecies of Phoebus Apollo... Slayer of the mighty Python. Approach, seeker, and ask." A glowing, floating lady told us as we stepped forward.

"We heard there was a prophecy about us." Perc announced.

"Aye. But before you learn the future, know first the past. Long ago, before our time... before Olympus and the gods... Titans ruled the world. Led by Kronos... a force so evil, he devoured his own children. But three of his sons escaped. Zeus, Hades and Poseidon. They destroyed Kronos... and banished his remains to the depths of Tartarus. But Kronos is fated to rise again... to exact his vengeance on Olympus, and the world. Only one half-blood child of the three eldest gods can defeat him. This child shall be our salvation... or the cause of our destruction. It all begins when three cousins grapple for a fleece... the children of the sea and the lightning thief." The Oracle told us.

"Luke." We said at the same time and she nodded.

"And that half-blood of the eldest gods... shall reach 20 against all odds. 'And see the world in endless sleep... 'the evil soul, cursed blade shall reap. 'A single choice shall end his days... 'Olympus to preserve or raze.'" She finished and we went back down to tell Chiron.

"And that is 'raze', with a, as in 'destroy.' l asked. Is there any chance, any chance at all... that we might not be the kids in the prophecy?" Perc told him.

"The Oracle references a half-blood of the eldest gods. You are the only living half-blood heir's of Zeus, Hades or Poseidon. The prophecy could refer only to one of you."