SOPB - Chapter Fourteen

Saturday, January 25th, The Year 2220

Asher's POV

Jason has camped out in front of the house for the past week. They must have also tried to dig a hole to climb through. Did he seriously think I wasn't smart enough to fix the electricity enough so any digging attempts would succeed? I'm not just a pretty face. Just saying.

And, I have been nervous about the reaction I will get when I tell everyone the truth about who I am, especially Brooke. But, my feelings for her are 100% real. I asked everyone to meet in the main area of the underground dwelling.

"What I am about to say may be startling to everyone. So, please hold your questions until I am finished talking. Cebromia is not my home planet. Or, for Brooke, Chanelle, and Simone. The four of us are from the Planet Paerus. And, my real name isn't Asher, just like your names are not Brooke, Chanelle, and Simone."

"I can't wait until after! What the heck is going on?! Who are you then?!" I knew Brooke would be pissed off.

"Ladies, Chanelle's name is Merissa Dionne. Simone is Nami Darya. And, Brooke, your name is Talise Jaleh. You're a part of the royal family. Your father is the king's advisor and chief of the planet."

"And, let me guess, you are related to the king?" Again, Brooke chimed in.

"Uh, you could say that. I am his son, and the future king. My name is Tristian Rimulus. On Paerus, every citizen has a first and middle name. No one has a last name."

"You're not joking, are you?" Chanelle asked.

"No, I am not. Our parents only told me that someone dangerous was after Brooke. So, they wanted me to come and protect her. Now, the business in Cebromia is really mine."

"What about our relationship? Was that real or fake? You know what, I don't even want to know. I want to go back to the bedroom. And, not by you."

Chanelle and Simone helped Brooke back into our room. I'll probably be sleeping on the couch.

"Wait, before you go, the answer is yes. Our relationship was and is absolutely real."

"Wow, so you're a prince? I didn't see that one coming. How are we to address you?" Caspian asked.

"You can call me Asher." I waited until Chanelle and Simone came back. About 15 minutes later, they came back.

I talked loud enough so Brooke can hear me. "Leave the bedroom door open. Max and Drake are your brothers. I know for sure both my parents and your parents have already started searching for us. And, I have been working on a way for communication, hoping someone will pick up a signal."

"So, Jason must be the bad guy. Like I asked outside, why is he so adamant about taking Brooke?" Chanelle asked again.

"That part I don't know. And, I also didn't know that Jason and Crystal were working together until Taylor said so last year. I was sworn to secrecy about saying this, but you all deserve to know the truth now."