Chapter 4: Isebella

August 27, Thursday
After my once again crazy dream, I start to get ready for work. By now I had got my schedule under control.

Wake up at 7am and get ready for work. Eat whatever I have in my kitchen. Drive to work and arrive perfectly on time. Then end the day at 5pm to come home and eat most likely ramen noodles.

Although today I felt different. My stomach was in nots and I couldn't help but feel happy. For I don't know what. Maybe because I finally have the life I want.

I put on a nice white shirt with jeans and my vans. I put lipgloss and mascara on for a more natural look. I grab all of my essentials and go to my kitchen for some breakfast.

  After eating a apple I arrive to my car and drive to work

After eating a apple I arrive to my car and drive to work. Today's traffic wasn't as busy as Monday's surprisingly.

Although when I got to the shop there was already some cars there. Waiting for the open sign to turn on.

I walk in and see Rebecca putting some food on the counter. "Morning Izzy." She says with a smile. We have now started calling each other by nicknames.

"Morning Becca. Thankfully it's almost Friday." I say with a sigh. I walk behind the counter and put my stuff up.

"Oh ya, I'm going out Saturday with some friends. Do you wanna go?" Becca asks. I wasn't really good around other people. At all. But I needed friends in a new town.

"Uh ya, where are you planning on going?" I say trying to sound excited. But I really wanted to spend my weekend alone.

"It's this nice restaurant on lee avenue. It's called Cherries. There known for having really good cherries if that isn't obvious." Becca said with a slight laugh. I nod my head and agree to go.

I go back into the kitchen that has now become my second home. I knew where everything was now thankfully.

The morning crowd came and went and I was a mess. I ended up spilling both flour and sugar at the same time. I definitely hated picking that up.

"Hey Izzy, I gotta use the restroom really bad. I forgot to this morning. Make sure to get the customers who come in." Becca says holding her legs together. I smile on the outside but on the inside I'm dying.

Since there's a bell in the front I can hear if people come in so I just stay in the back. Right now I'm making a new cookie that has marshmallows in them. I haven't tasted it yet but I think it will taste good.

Just as I'm stirring, the bell rings at the front of the shop. My heart drops immediately. Becca just went into the bathroom so she won't be out for a couple minutes. I definitely will have to go out front.

After a small 5 second pep talk walk out of the kitchen to the front counter.

"Hi, what can I get you?" I say looking into the girls eyes. She had very long black hair with brown eyes. She was absolutely gorgeous. I felt very insecure at that moment.

But then I realized she was with someone else. A man. As I turn my attention over to him, my heart drops in my chest.

The person in front of me wasn't a man but a beast. He had to be 6'5 or taller by how close to the ceiling he was. His black hair was slicked to the side perfectly. His body looked to have tattoos everywhere. All I could see was his neck, arms and one above his thick eye brows. The man was extremely buff not even looking real. He had to be some sort of fighter or something.

As I finally make contact with his eyes I gasp. The knots in my stomach tighten as his eyes were already connected with mine. His blue eyes felt like fire as he stared into my soul.

Who was this man and why do I feel like I should know him?

Completely forgetting that there customers, I cough myself back to reality and look back at the girl. She is really lucky to have him. He looks so beautiful. I bet their in love with each other.

As I look at her, she gives me a big smile. "Hi, I would like 2 peanut butter cookies and 2 double chocolate chip cookies." The girl says. Her voice was even beautiful.

I nod my head and start to get the cookies out of the trays. "I'll wait in the truck." The girl says to the man leaving me alone with him. I felt like my heart was gonna fall out of my chest.

The man moves to the open counter part and pulls his wallet out. "Will that be all?" I ask quietly but loud enough for him to hear. I didn't even wanna look in his eyes again afraid I'll fall in.

"No, Do you have any suggestions on what to get?" The man says with a husky and deep voice. I literally wanted to collapse to the floor. His voice was so sexual just asking a question.

I gulp clearing my throat so I don't stutter. "Well, my personal favorite is the blueberry pie but when I want a more chocolate taste I go for the Carmel brownie." I say feeling way more confident then before.

As I look up at the man, he has a wide grin on his face. Why is he smiling? "So what will it be?" I say with a smile. Maybe this wasn't so bad after all.

He leans in closer to the counter, closer to me. "I'll take both." He says lowly. I quickly move getting the brownie and pie. Not wanting to be alone with this beautiful man. He made me unsure of myself.

I ring up the food in silence but all I could feel was his eyes on me. Burning holes into my skin. "That will be 12.35$ please." I say turning my body towards his. He hands me the money and I give him the change back.

  "Have a good afternoon." I say as he puts his wallet up. The man then slowly runs his eyes up and down my body making goosebumps appear everywhere. I've never felt like this before in my life.

  "Thanks princess." And just like that, he left. I watched as his tall body easily got into his truck and drove off. My stomach flutters at the thought of him.

Chains by Nick Jonas