Should i call it 'quits'?

So Alex and I headed to the restaurant we'd seen the man reading a newspaper and draining his last bit of coffee. Alex and I looked at one another and took a deep sigh and sat opposite the man. He was an African American man with a well-groomed fro and a clean shave.

"It's so nice having you two here." He said with a crooked smile. His teeth were stained.
"What did you want to talk about sir?" I said so seriously.
"I see you're very fiesty like your mother!"The man said

" I'd comprehend you not  speaking so poorly about my deceased mother."
"Listen here, Charlie. Im Chris Grey. Your father and the woman that just died as you know her by the name Agnes, well she's my stepsister and she took an oath on my behalf to take care of you. She watched you grow up through me." said the man with such solemnness

" I beg your pardon? No, you can't just rock out of the blue and attain to me after 17 long years and tell me that!!!"I was just losing my mind. People we're looking at me so timidly.Why we're people whom I thought to have loved me keep such away from me.
"Goodbye. Chris" I said in such firmly in my voice.

"Charlie wait, this man obviously has a lot to clear up just hear him out." interfered Alex
I just ignored his statement and just stormed out leaving Alex and Chris sitting there. I just walked home as it was raining heavily and I'd left my umbrella at home.
I finally arrived home as I was soaking wet. I hadn't paid much attention to how the house had altered there were new curtains, a flat-screen tv, amazing portraits, and a lavish couch. I was in awe of what had been done. There was a little card on the coffee table and it read: 'Happy Birthday, my love.
from Alex'
He was such a sweetheart. I was drowning in a pool of guilt. My temper could be the reason why Alex and I  could break up. I had to make it up to him none the less thank him for the love he'd been showering me with.

I left Alex a voicemail," Hey Alex I'm so sorry about my blow up again I hope you find it in your heart to forgive me. I love you."Id had such a long day and just soaked myself in a  tub of bubbles whilst reading my all-time favorites Romeo and Juliet. After submerging my thoughts into a long bath I just went to sleep.
The next morning I woke up so fatigue and just forced myself to go to school. During lunch, I'd seen Alex in deep conversation with some freshman which I must admit was way better looking than me. She had long brown hair, quite a voluptuous body she looked like she was from Italian descent.

I was raging with jealousy. I wanted to storm up to tell Alex that I didn't like him talking to other girls, but I decided not and took my lunch and headed for the school auditorium since it was my go-to the area. As I was halfway through my meal. I locked eyes with this good-looking boy. He had brown well-parted hair, a beautiful smile, and hazel colored eyes. He walked up to me and asked with such a profound British accent "Hi, I'd like you to direct me to the boy's bathroom.I'm new here so..."
Oh my, I thought this guy was so dreamy but I had to shut my wondering eye down.

"Well the boy's bathroom is left of the auditorium and as you continue walking straight you'll see the library and you just make a quick right and there you've reached your destination," I explained and got up to leave for my next class. I had my loyalties to one guy and that was Alex. The day progressed I hadn't seen Alex so I went to look for him at our hang out spot. What I saw was impairing my ex-best friend making out with some guy who looked like he wasn't even from our school.
She knew how much I loved that spot. I just rolled my eyes.

Alex was sitting on the other end paying no attention to Somaya. So I approached him and gave him a warm hug and kissed him lightly on the cheek.
"I'm so sorry," I whispered.
"I forgive you!" He whispered back. And we just ended up giggling.

Alex took me to the park that day so we could clear our minds. We sat under that same oak tree and I played my head upon his lap.We we're in silence just staring in each other's eyes.
"I love you Alex and I'm sorry I always let my temper control me. I said sincerely.

" Chris you know I love you back, I have something to tell you that might break your heart," Alex said
"Are you cheating on me with that freshman I saw you with?" I snapped back
" How could you query my loyalties to you?" He said with so much remorse
"Well I don't know Alex!I don't know!!! she looked like she was into you twirling her hair and laughing at what you were saying. What else should I assume?" I said with such an infuriated tone.
"She's the school's party planner and advisor. Way to ruin the surprise, Charles!" He clapped back

I took some time to digest what was said and how we were too quick to bicker with one another all the time.
Was I meant for Alex? Our nonstop arguing blackened my soul.
Should I have called it 'quits'?