Chapter 4: Secrets Blown

HAPPY NEW YEAR PEOPLE!!!
Or no people. Still no reads! :(

 I could barely sleep that night. I don't know why, but I was so excited to tell Alec my name. I got ready before Kitt even got up. I also didn't want to talk to him or dad about what they told me last night. I was still having trouble comprehending what they said. I was still a little mad that they didn't tell me too.

How did Kitt find out? Did they tell him? No, he must've read them by accident and confronted them about it. I just can't believe I almost finished high school, not being true to myself, or what my family really meant to this world. Now that I know who we really are, I just might join in on the tradition. Of course, I'd have to talk to Kitt about it. I would never do it without him. He and I do everything together.

I decided to walk to school. I was halfway down my driveway when I heard a door slam. I looked over and Lil was running out of her house. Their front door opened again and Alec started chasing after her. I ran after them as fast as I could. I caught up to Alec easily.

"Hey, what happened?" I asked as we kept running after her.

"It's nothing, family stuff. You wouldn't understand." Alec said and he started running faster, leaving me behind. I kept running. After about a block of chasing them, I finally decided to make her stop. I stopped running, raised my hand, and I used my telekinesis to make her trip over her feet. It's a good thing she was wearing purple pants. I continued running after them.

"Lil, are you okay?" I asked as Alec was helping her to her feet.

"She's fine!" Alec said angrily. I looked at Lil and she was crying, but they weren't tears of pain, not physical anyway.

"Alec. Please. Let me help." I said, stepping forward.

"I said NO!" Alec yelled as he started pulling Lil back home. "Look I'll... I'll see you after school, okay?" he said before they left me behind again.

"Okay..." I said under my breath as I picked up my bag off the ground, and continued walking to school. Why were they so hot and cold with us? What are they hiding that makes them so defensive?

The day went by slowly, I was checking the time every five minutes until school got out. Kitt had asked to talk about last night, but I couldn't focus today. So, I told him we could talk tonight, but I had to see Alec and ask him what happened. I was really worried about him and Lil. They were quiet and distant all day.

I went to my favorite place in town, the park. There was this hidden pond on the edge of the park. It was hidden because it was completely surrounded by Red Wood trees. Not that common in this area, that's why people don't know about it. I liked to climb the highest tree and sit there to read. This time, I was just going to sit there and wait. I left a note at the bottom of the tree saying, "You found me, but what is my name?" and then there was an arrow pointing up the tree. So, I just waited.

An hour went by, but he didn't show up. I decided to climb down and was about to leave, but I turned around and he was sitting on a rock near the edge of the pond. He was just staring into the water. I watched him for a moment before shaking it off.

"Hey, you found me." I said as I walked over and sat down next to him. He didn't seem too shocked that I was there.

"Yeah, it was pretty easy to find you. This town is so small, it doesn't even have a proper shopping center. So, the most I could think of was somewhere with a lot of nature. Guess I chose right, huh?" he explained, not looking at me. I looked down to my feet. I think I made him mad this morning.

"Look, I'm sorry about this morning, I didn't mean to make you angry. I just wanted to help." I said, looking out to the water. Alec looked at me, and I looked at him.