Chapter 15: Survive!

(WARNING: this episode may hurt your heart. If you are sensitive towards... uh, I really don't want to spoil. UM! Just don't read if you might get hurt.)

The next day, I woke up and Jewlse was standing by my bed, holding the box to the pregnancy test. "Good morning. Tell me, why did I find this in the bathroom trash and why is your arm bandaged?" she asked, and I smiled at her sheepishly.

"Surprise!" I said, trying to sit up, but I was in so much pain when I moved. 

"Really? You're pregnant!?" she said excitedly, pulling me in for a hug. When she touched me, I got a shock wave of pain that traveled throughout my body. 

"Ow! Ow ow ow, Don't touch me." I said, trying not to cry, and she let go.

"Why, what's wrong? What did I do?" she asked in a rush, and I grabbed onto my arm. 

"Well, I was shot last night and you just grabbed onto the bullet hole in my arm." I said, and she went as white as a ghost. 

"SHOT!?" she yelled, making me jump, which hurt.

"Ow, yes. I was shot, now will you please be quiet?" I asked as I slowly stood up. 

"Sorry, I'm just, I'm kind of freaking out. First, you say that you're pregnant, then you tell me you've been shot!? Are you trying to make me die of a heart attack? Is the baby alright?" she asked as I went to my dresser and took the painkillers the doctor gave me.

"Yeah, the baby is fine. Listen..." and so I told her what happened last night. I didn't tell her about how I stopped him, I just told her that it was supposed to be a robbery, but it didn't go well for Duke. It was the best cover story I could come up with so I wouldn't tell her the truth. After I finished explaining, she helped me get dressed so I could go see my family. She wanted to come, but she had to get to class. I took a cab over.

I got home and walked in without knocking on the door. I went into the living room and just sat down on the couch. Being shot and pregnant was making me exhausted faster than I should be. A moment later, I heard footsteps coming from the stairs and I looked over to see Lil walking down. 

"Lil, hey." I said, trying to sit up. 

"Katt! Don't move, you look exhausted and pale." she said, coming and sitting down next to me.

"Heh, you have no idea. Well, I guess that's technically not true." I said, gesturing to her bump on her stomach. 

"Yeah, almost four months pregnant and I feel like a cow. Wonder how I'll feel when I reach nine." she said, rubbing her stomach. "Huge, uncomfortable and ready for it to come out." I said and she laughed. 

"Yeah, probably." she said, and she looked at my arm.

"So, did the baby talk to you today?" I asked, trying to distract from my arm. 

"Uh, yeah. She let me know that Alec was okay and he'll be discharged in a few days." she said and I nodded. 

"So, how far along are you?" she asked and I smiled, placing my hand on my stomach again.

"I'm only a week into it. I found out only last night and of course you know that I was freaking out about it." I said and she smiled at me. 

"Well, at least we weren't in the middle of fleeing to another country when we found out." she said and I looked up to her to see that she had tears dripping from her eyes.

"Oh, Lil. I am so sorry you had to go through all of this." I said, pulling her into a tight hug. 

"No, don't. I am the one that's sorry. You should be blaming us for Kitt not being able to be here to hear the good news. H-he'd be here to tell you if he supports you in this." she said, breaking down in tears.