Chapter 8: London Life

After we all had a few good hours rest and had breakfast the next morning, we were on the search for a place to live. I, of course, knew exactly what house to look for. The one from my vision. It was a while before I found it. I encouraged everybody to consider it, and they did. It was an open house that day, so we decided to take the chance to look around.

I went searching on my own for the room with the rocking chair. I found it in the back of the second floor. The window overlooked the backyard which had a pool and a beautiful garden. I looked back to the chair, the same end table standing next to it. I slowly sat down in it, looking around the room. This, clearly was going to be the baby's nursery. I could already imagine the baby crib. It would stand in the middle of the room, facing away from the window to avoid light. The changing table would lay against the wall of the opposite side of the room.

I heard the door creak and Alec was watching me. "Hey, is this the rocking chair you saw?" he asked, and I smiled. 

"Yes, it is. I can't believe that we were all going to end up here no matter what happened," I said, getting out of the chair and I walked over to the window and I watched as Lil and Kitt walked around the garden.

"Yeah, it's a bit reassuring to know that you have a future, isn't it?" he asked, wrapping his arms around my waist. 

"Yeah, it is." I said and I turned my head and kissed him on the cheek. "Come on, we need to tell them to buy this place." I said and we headed downstairs and met up with everybody in the living room.

"So, what did everybody think?" my mom asked. 

"I love it!" 

"Its perfect for a baby." 

"There's plenty of space for everybody." 

"I love that it comes with the furniture." 

"I like how deep the upstairs tub is." 

Everybody gave their opinions and we all agreed that we loved it and wanted it. I didn't even have to do any persuading. My mom went and spoke with the owners and we all waited outside by the rental cars. About ten minutes later, she came out with a wide smile on her face. 

"It's ours!" she called out and we all jumped with joy. We were all so excited, we decided to go out to eat for dinner. That night, we spent in the hotel.

The next morning, we had a quick breakfast before checking out. The first thing that we did was head over to the house. We all picked rooms, Alec and I got the bedroom next to the nursery. My mom and dad got the master bedroom. Alec's mom got the attic, which she wanted by the way. We didn't force her to live in the attic. Kitt and Lil took the room across from ours.

Next, we wrote a list of furniture and house supplies that the house was missing. Number one item was dishes. Then, all of us girls went shopping for the items and furniture. The men went to the market to get food.

We got to the store and everything in there was so cute and old-fashioned. Everything matched the house perfectly. So, the parents went furniture shopping and Lil and I shopped for the house appliances that we needed. We finished shopping for dishes, toilet paper, cleaning supplies, and a toaster when I had an idea.

"Hey, Lil, do you want to go baby shopping?" I asked, stopping by some baby clothes. 

"What? Baby shopping? I don't even know if the baby is a boy or girl. How am I supposed to shop for baby clothes?" she asked, looking at the clothes. 

"I do, want to know?" I asked as I started looking at outfits. 

"Well, does Kitt know?" she asked, putting her hand on her stomach.