Chapter 1

Two years ago, Justin Kramer moved to Santa Barbara with his three kids, who were six and two years old at the time. He's never told anyone why he came to Santa Barbara or even his real name. Not even his girlfriend of eighteen months, who he's lived with for a year. The woman who his children call Mom.

Justin works as a psychic detective for the Santa Barbara police department. His girlfriend is a detective that works in the same department. That's actually how they met.

One day Juliet and Justin didn't show up for work. Suspicion started to arise once they were over two hours late, because they were never late.

At the Santa Barbara police department, Carlton was waiting for his partner and the psychic that he'd grown to like, but would never admit.

Chief Vick stepped out of her office and headed over Carlton's desk.

"Detective Lassiter, do you know where Mr. Kramer and Detective O'Hara are?" Karen asked

"No Chief, I don't." Carlton replied

Karen gave a nod, "Take Officer Dobson to their house and check on them. It's not like them to be late."

Carlton got up from his desk and headed to the doors of the precinct as he called 'Dobson'. Carlton and Officer Dobson ran out of the precinct and then hopped into a squad car and drove to Juliet and Justin's house.

After arriving at and entering the house, they found Juliet lying on the floor with a stab wound to her stomach. She was barely conscious when Carlton rushed to her side.

"Justin...The kids." Juliet uttered weakly, "She took them."

"Save your energy. Don't try and talk." Carlton told his partner as Dobson called for a bus.

Meanwhile with Justin, his children, and the woman who took them. They were in some warehouse in the middle of nowhere. Justin knew that the police would eventually find him, but his daughters were a little uncertain. Plus they were terrified.

"Kendra, please, just let us go." Justin begged

"No. This is your fault, Shawn. You took my kids from me, and now they call another woman mommy!" Kendra screamed, "I'm their mommy, not that blonde bimbo bitch."

Four year old Lionel was crying, he was scared and didn't remember the woman who was saying she was his mother. And the twins: eight year olds Paloma and Celeste were sniffling. They were worried about Juliet after seeing their biological mother stab her.

"Mom, we just want our Mama." Paloma said

Kendra pointed at herself aggressively, "I'm your Mama!"

"No, you're not." Celeste argued, "And if you loved us you never would have hurt daddy. Better yet, you would let us go. But instead you hurt Mama."

Kendra was fuming, "That bitch is not your mother!"

"Hey!" Justin yelled, "Don't talk to my children that way."

Kendra walked over to Justin/Shawn and slapped him across the face, "Don't tell me what to do! Your woman must not know when to put you in your place, you pathetic 'psychic'. How's your psychicness working out for you now?"

Lionel wailed louder and harder, while Paloma and Celeste both yelled and begged their biological mother not to hurt their daddy.

At the hospital, Juliet was finally awake and conscious. Carlton had gone to talk to his partner.

"At the house, you said that she had taken Justin and the kids." Carlton stated, "Who is she?"

"I don't know, but Justin knew her. He called her Kendra." Juliet replied, "The twins looked terrified of her and she got really angry when Paloma called me Mama."