Friends

It was the first time I have ever worked in a proper setting. It was nerve racking and I was so nervous about working. I was standing at the counter when Mat and Ruby walked in and ran uo to the counter. Ruby hugged me over the counted.

"How is your first shift" Ruby said a bit to loudly

"It is ok, just got on. Maybe talk a little quiet" I answered laughing 

"Ok, can I get an chocolate milkshake please" Ruby asked suddenly looking serious.

"Sure, how about you Mat" I answered then turned to Mat

"I am good thanks" He said. I nodded, i finished their order and they moved off to the same spot we sit in all the time. It was quiet after they left and I turned around to clean the bench top when I heard a voice.

"Hey Bella, I did not know you worked here" the voice asked 

"What can I get you Dan" I asked turning around to Dan and all his friends.

"A strawberry milkshake" Dan answered with a cheeky grin on his face. 

"Ok, anything else" I asked concentrating on work. 

"Nope" Dan answered with an annoyed face when I did not react to his joke. I finished their order then they moved off to the other side of the cafe. The rest of my shift was boring and I got home tired and hungry. I collapsed in bed when I walked into my room and fell asleep straight away. Another day gone.