The (accidental) Kiss

The first two lessons went by really slow, but at least Mat and I had the same lessons so we both entertained each other. The bell rang to mention the end of the class, Mat and I walked slowly towards our spot behind the library.

"What really" I asked laughing

"Yeah, it really happened" he answered with a broad smile. We both sat down and it took us a moment to notice that our legs were leaning on each others. I pulled away and the awkward set in. Mat rubbed his neck in silence.

"It is weird without Ruby here" he said. I nodded. I picked up my back and rummaged through my bag to find a pen. Mat was watching me curiously. I got up and walked over the to wall of the back of the library. I started to write something on the wall, I felt a slight breath on my neck and turned to find Mat standing really close to where I was. We made contact with each others eyes, then Mat leaned in and our lips  connected. We stood there for about two seconds before he pulled away. I looked into his face and saw a sparkle hidden in his dark brown eyes. 

"Sorry, felt like it was the moment and I really wanted to do that." Mat confessed to me looking down. 

"That, that's ok" I stuttered

"What were u writing?" He asked like nothing just happened

"Ah, it was our names for anyone who sits here next to remember us  when we leave school" I answered my mind going partly blank.  The bell rang and Mat and I went our separate ways. On my way to class I texted Ruby.

We need to talk