[ b o n u s 3.0 ]

'Hui! Come on!' Shinwon yelled as he rolled down the car window, not able to maintain his excitement as he tapped his foot on the gas pedal impatiently as he watched Hui struggle at the door and groaned, 'Come on!'
'I'm coming!' Hui growled with annoyance as he fumbled with the door and busted his way out. He clambered into the seat next to Shinwon. 'Stupid door,' Hui grumbled as he pulled and fastened the seatbelt angrily as Shinwon sighed and shook his head, 'You're so clumsy,' Hui glared at Shinwon and rolled his eyes, 'You were the one who told me to get ready and head out without any notice and was the one who literally sprinted out of the dorm without waiting for mE. Now hurry up and start the goddamn car,' he snapped. The car rumbled, coming to life, drowning Shinwon's mumble of protest as he turned his head away, 'I gave you a 5 minute notice, idiot,' and they drove off into the sunset horizon.
With the setting sun came a sky of fire. The sun shone down upon the clouds of billowing smoke, turning them fire red. Hues of red blended with the purples and oranges on the clouds, like cotton candy, soft but brilliant. The sky, like fire, stretched far and wide and the waters of the deep vast ocean under the highway was dark but occasionally streaked with oranges and reds, reflecting the bright heavens. Like a glowing collision, sparks lit up and blood poured from the sky as Shinwon looked away from the highway to witness the bright amazing paradise in the sky. He let out a murmur of wonder and glanced at Hui, who was also watching where heaven touches the earth with dazzled eyes. The last fading rays of sunlight tipped Hui's brown hair with rich gold, and it seemed to lighten his eyes with sparks. They glimmered and shined as his gaze steadied towards the horizon. His face glowed with the rays of orange before the coming night with bright stars in the sky. His smile was just enough to show that he was deep and dreamy in his thoughts, whatever they may be. Shinwon concentrated on the road ahead, allowing Hui to stay in his own world for a little longer. He sighed, suppressing a smile. He's so beautiful..... Just like the sky...
The car zoomed across the highway, headlights on full beam, underneath the starlit sky. It was dark and the stars above twinkled and shined brightly. The milky speckles danced across the black painted curtains, as the car slowed to a stop in front of a big banner that swayed in the breeze.
'We're here!' Shinwon said as he unbuckled his seatbelt. Hui squinted his eyes and read the sign, 'Jinju Namgang Yudeung Festival,' his lips curved into a smile as he looked at Shinwon, 'No wonder you wanted to keep it a secret to where we're going,' Shinwon smiled back and blushed a little as he got out of the car. Hui followed him and they both slowly walked towards the hundreds of people who were heading towards the same direction. Side by side, they blended into the crowds of bright orange lights ahead of them, where people were talking and laughing and having a grand time.
They approached the sparkling lights as they strolled along in awe. The festival included lots of lantern displays. The pretty lights danced and illuminated like stars against the black night. Those on the water merged with the reflections of those in the sky, making the waters come to life with their colors.
Hui was enthusiastically pointing out the pretty bright lights that hung on thin strings above and around them. His gaze darted from one place to another, his eyes filled with wonder. Shinwon looked at Hui and smiled. He's so precious. So pure, so perfect.... He thought as he continued to look at Hui, who was still exclaiming tirelessly. The lights seem to blur around them, making it look like they were alone. Everything around them seem to merge and smudge into one, like a photo taken from a professional photographer. Occasional spots of colorful lights would stand out from the blurry background and they would blink and shine like stars in the night. But Shinwon's focus was on Hui, and Hui only. His brown eyes reflected the light off of the thousands of the glowing lanterns, turning them bright amber. He had eyes as bright and honest as a child, his gaze so warm. And in that moment he felt like he would be warm enough even if the cold wind blew. His gaze would travel from place to place with a look of amazement and awe. And he had a smile that ignited inner laughter in all who saw. And you could see that smile came from deep inside to light his eyes and spread into every part of him that the sun can't reach. Hui's smile was a ray of sunshine, and Shinwon was the sunburn. And he was perfect in his eyes.
'Shinwon?' A voice from afar echoed in his ears as Shinwon jolted back into reality. Hui was looking at him as he chuckled, 'Shinwon ah, what are you looking at?' And immediately, Shinwon's face turned bright red as his head whirled frantically, searching for a reply to Hui's question. He hurriedly stammered, 'N-nothing...!' But he knew very well that his face had already betrayed him. Hui laughed as he continued ahead, 'Sure,'
Filled with embarrassment, Shinwon followed Hui through the crowds of people and lined up to get a lantern to write their wishes on and to hang it up in the Tunnel of Wish Lanterns. Hui grabbed a marker and scribbled quickly on the thin paper. Shinwon attempted to peer at his scribbles, 'What did you write?' Without warning, Hui immediately snatched the lantern away from him and smiled mischievously, 'You'll see,' and he continued writing.
They walked along the pathway until they approached a huge tunnel with hundreds of lanterns being hung up everywhere. The two boys looked up in amazement as the dazzling lights swayed in the autumn breeze. They continued to walk down the tunnel, looking up and around at the different twinkling lights of wonder. Shinwon was  walking through the rows of lanterns when he stopped. Among all the orange bright lights in the tunnel there were two people facing each other, talking seriously. But those two ghostly figures were almost transparent, almost fading into the air around them, and something about those two people looked- familiar.... He stopped and squinted his eyes and started to walk slowly closer towards them. Hui noticed Shinwon's weird behaviour and hurried towards him, 'What are you looking at?' and he stopped as he, too, noticed the ghost like figures in front of him. 'Is that- is that Changgu and..... Jinho...?' Then, realization hit him like a truck. It was Jinho! But- with Changgu? What is going on?

I swear they're up to something, Hui thought. Why is there a shining aura surrounding Ggu? he looks like Jesus resurrected from death- that glow- that magic around him... So they ran and ran all the way to find Hongseok. Maybe it's the love that broke the spell, Huiwon were able to escape and enter this secret space freely whenever they want. But Honggseok just won't listen to anything they said about Jinho. Jinho is dead. Stop this rumoring, he said. Maybe the overwhelming sadness blind his eyes and mind, because he was obviously missing something important.

i know this may seem irrelevant but sooner or later i'll make it related- or maybe related to the sequel series 🥺 anyways i'm back :) btw have any of you seen GOBLINNNNN??????