02 | Meeting

Ten days. Saenarae had been in that tower for ten days and all she wanted was return to her home to see her loved ones... although in reality, the only loved one she had was Kyon, her bodyguard.

She was tired of acting like a maid, every time she had to clean the room she unconsciously rolled her eyes and squeezed the cleaning cloth tightly. The training with Hae Tuak was very tiring and it seemed as if that woman enjoyed making her suffer, she thought she was the queen when in fact she was only one more worker. But she would have her revenge. As soon as she returned to her kingdom, the first thing she would do would be to ask one of her guards to kill that irritating woman.

Anyway, at that moment she was in her tiny room, which only contained a bed that for her was as if it were made of rocks, and a small bedside table with a candle on it. Luckily, she had a window through wick the bird that she had trained could enter and leave the messages that her mother sent her.

When she read what the letter said, she opened her eyes widely; Kyon asked her mother if they could see each other and she agreed, so the next night she would somehow have to escape to go to the forest and meet.

The girl began to jump and let out little shrieks. She threw herself on the bed to rejoice but it was a bad idea, because it was so stiff and uncomfortable that it left Saenarae motionless in pain.

"Stupid bed, stupid Saya, stupid Hae Tuak, stupid Arthdal... ¡Stupid everyone!" she complained in her mind.

The next day she got up with more energy than ever, when she finished doing all her houseworks, she went to Saya's room while thinking about what she would say to let her leave.

"Do you need anything else, Lord Saya?" she asked with fake kidness, all she wanted to do at that moment was to crash her fist against his face.

"No, no... you can go, I'll leave you the rest of the day off."

Saenarae nodded and left for her room. She waited patiently until nightfall, took her black cape and sneaked out of the room. She carefully closed the door and looked sideways to make sure no one was near. Instead of going out the front door, she went to the kitchen and went out the door that led to the henhouse.

Once outside, she put on his hood covering her entire face and headed to the agreed place: A small lagoon not far from the territory of the Union. She looked everywhere repeatedly to make sure no one followed her, and besides, she carried a knife hidden between her clothes in case of emergency.

When she arrived at the place, she narrowed her eyes as if that would help her to see better in the dark, but there was no one around, that disappointed her a little.

Suddenly large hands covered her eyes and she felt the breath of that person against her ear. Her heart began to beat rapidly at the idea of Kyon being so close to her.

"Who I am?" he whispered.

Saenarae gave a little giggle and turned to face him, she couldn't believe that her dear friend was only inches away from her. Although it had been only ten days, both felt it as if it had been ten years. They hugged tightly and stayed that way for a long time.

"I missed you," said Kyon, separating from her.

"Me too. You can't imagine how much."

The boy looked at her with a big smile on his face, he felt a strong urge to kiss her, but he didn't, after all, she only saw him as a friend. So they just sat on the grass and talked about how Saenarae's mission was going.

"Until now I have only found one," she said crestfallen and tightening her dress. Of all the missions that her mother had commissioned, she had never taken so long to complete them.