Chapter One: New Beginnings

[ THIRD PERSON PERSPECTIVE : "POE's POV" ] 

|| Location/Resistance Base\\3:42pm || 

Poe had been repairing his new X-Wing for the past hour. Ever since he became general he had become even more popular than he was before. Which he didn't really think possible, not to be pretentious. Quite a number of people had offered to repair his X-Wing for him after the battle but he wanted to feel like himself again so he had decided to do it himself. And with that in mind, there had been some creative divergence between Finn and Poe as generals but they always seemed to work it out in the end. Finn was now with Rose. Fear of losing or never seeing each other after the battle made them both realise how much they loved each other. Except Poe wasn't sure Finn really knew how to be in a relationship... he more avoided Rose than talked with her.

There had also been another change... a change in feeling. Poe had started to be in more admiration of Rey lately. He had always admired her ever since she lifted those rocks on Crait, but now he was feeling some sort of love for her that he hadn't felt before. Different to a friendship, more like a... romantic love. He didn't know what it was, sure she was one of the most attractive women he had seen ever since he laid eyes on her (he knew why Finn had liked her the moment he saw her) but she also had this overwhelming aura about her that made him want to shoot himself with a blaster and die. Dramatic but that's how it felt. But it was just a looming thought in the back of his mind, he had other things to worry about so he tried to push his feelings aside as much as possible. And it worked... he made mature decisions for errands and focused on tasks at hand. Now and again he sometimes had forgotten he even liked Rey. Well, that was if he didn't see or was looking at Rey... 

Rey had finished her training for the day and walked past Poe. 

"Hey!" Rey said standing in front of where Poe slid himself under the X-Wing. The sound of Rey's voice made him jump which was strange because he didn't ever consider himself a jumpy person. 

"Ouch... Oh h-hey Rey." He slid out from under the X-Wing and tried positioning himself in his usual stance but struggled to lean of the X-Wing because of the new polish. Rey smiled. 

Rey teased jokingly, "So General Poe... any big plans of yours that you want to share?" she laughed. Poe smiled at the laugh and felt a warm feeling inside of him spark. Felt strange but he quickly dismissed it. 

Trying to answer as honestly as possible, Poe replies; "Well, I've got a lot of free time on my hands, just finished repairs and now I'm going to just find something to be relaxed I guess. Been busy cleaning up around here but now I can finally rest." Poe takes off his gloves and puts them aside. 

"Going to catch up with that lover of yours?" Rey teases.

"What lover?" Poe says as he feels his cheeks burn. 

"Well it was quite obvious between you and Zorii on Kimiji, don't think that I didn't notice..." Rey smiles.

"Sh-sh-she... uhhh... well... I mean... Oh I don't know. Nah, it's time for new beginnings. Even though she can be reckless and impulsive like me, I think I've grown out of liking her type." 

"It's a good time for new beginnings. A good time for all of us."Rey says with a genuine tone that made Poe feel his heart skip. BB8 rolled over closer to where Poe and Rey were standing. BB8 nudges Poe in the leg. 

[BB8 Beeps] **She's better than that stinky old Worii Bliss. You should hang out with Rey instead. She fixes my antenna!!**

"Zorii Bliss. Not Worii Bliss buddy." Poe whispers to his faithful droid.