4

**This story contains sexual content**

"Mamamamamamama," Arella babbles as we walk into the local market. Her feet dangle and sway in her seat in the trolley and I giggle at her. Cute as a button, this little two-year-old.

"We get tookies?"

"If you count to ten for me, I'll get you cookies."

She slowly, but confidently, lists off the numbers in order and I praise her.

"You're so smart, Ari. What kind of cookies do you want?"

"Chocwat."

"You deserve it, smarty pants."

Her little giggle rings through the quiet shop and I can't help but smile along with her.

We weave through the aisles and I pull off the things we need off the shelves. We've only been in the store for twenty minutes when I start to hear the inevitable whispers.

"Isn't that Harry Styles' wife and daughter?"

"I think so. Should we go ask for a picture?"

"Nah, let her shop. There's a reason she never leaves the house."

Whoever that woman was is a great person. Unlike some people, who harass me every time I leave the house. But then, I hear footsteps behind me and I turn to see a young woman casually walking behind me. I don't know if she was one of the two I heard talking, but I'm hoping she won't bother me.

"Maaaamaaaaaa," Arella sings out in a squeaky voice.

"Yes, lovely," she points over my shoulder and peeks around me.

I turn and scowl as the young woman quickly hides her phone. She was obviously filming or photographing me and I just walk away from her. Better to do that than chew her out.

As I finish up our shopping, I notice the same girl in the corner of my eye following us from a safe distance, and it's really starting to piss me off. At least she's keeping her distance.

I get in the queue to get rung up at the till and comb Ari's hair out of her face.

"Mama?"

"Yes, baby."

"Daddy home?"

"He'll be home later. He's working really hard."

She smiles at me and I smile right back at her.

"Can we play?"

"When we get home. We can have a dance party," I widen my smile and she laughs happily.

"I wike dancing."

"I know you do."

"You have an adorable daughter," someone says behind me. I turn around and low and behold is the same stalker girl. She looks sweet and all, but I wish she'd just leave me and Ari alone.

"Um, thank you," I smile politely and turn back around. It's our turn to get rung up so I start piling our groceries onto the conveyor belt.

The bloke ringing us up is one of the cashiers I recognize from previous trips to shop here. He smiles nicely at me and makes a goofy face at Ari. She giggles in delight and waves at him.

"Hello there, cutie. You helping mummy shop?"

Ari nods and smiles widely at him.

"What a helpful girl you are. Say, how would you like a sticker, yeah? That alright?" He looks to me for the go-ahead and I nod.