9

Four days had passed by in unsettling discomfort. The people trapped within the triangle had come to understand that their lives had all suddenly changed. Björn had called in to check on Agnetha on days he didn't see her, but it was just as if he was speaking to the wind. He heard noises through the phone and rarely her voice. He dressed and quickly grabbed the keys. They had to talk properly. The silence was killing him. When he had gotten to the house, he was surprised to find Frida's car, but also relieved to know that someone was with her. Did she know?

"Hey, Björn!"

"Hi," he gave her a questioning look. "What's going on?"

"I'm looking after Linda and Christian. I thought you and Lena were busy, or so that's what Agnetha said." Björn didn't comment but instead was completely confused. What would she lie for?

"Where did Agnetha go?"

"Her lady doctor. Sit," she laughed. "What is that look on your face?"

"Did she tell you why?"

"Björn! She's a woman. What do you care? Why would you ask this?" She took it strangely. It was clear to him she didn't know, but he wondered what would take her to the gynecologist.

"Where are the kids? Benny didn't come by?" He leaned his hands onto the back of the chair as he watched her tuck a book mark into what she had been reading.

"Upstairs in their rooms. No," she rolled her eyes. "He's working and he said he'd be home early tonight. Which better be the truth or I'll be angry," she laughed.

"Mm," he smiled. "I'll see the kids for a minute."

Björn entered each child's room and said hello to them. They spoke briefly but both of his kids were wrapped up in their own world with video games and telephone calls. He had seen if they needed anything, which of course their questions about permissions to see their friends. He then left them and walked by Agnetha's room, already sensing her absence. He missed her. Björn paused outside of it, looking around and not wanting to intrude or be caught lurking, but he went in anyway. He felt at ease with the memory of the last time they were in this room together. So happy, and so flirtatious. So much love.

Ready to exit, he turned, but something had caught his eye. He picked up a magazine booklet with a mother and a child on the cover. The text he read completely contradicted the image. Plan B? he thought. I can't have a baby.

Her words rang in his ears and he began to comprehend something he didn't like. She wouldn't. He looked through, finding a paper inside and found the appointment booked under her name along with the clinic, the doctor's name and number.

Björn picked up the phone and dialed to figure out if this was real. He had to know. He couldn't imagine she would do this. Agnetha would never end the life of her own child... of their child, no matter what situation they had gotten into. It had to be for something else. He hoped it was for something else.

"Hello, I need to make sure of an appointment you have booked for today. For Agnetha Fältskog."

"Sorry, who am I speaking to?" the receptionist asked.

"Her husband," he answered, knowing that could be the only way to really get the he needed information.

"Yes, it's set for 12:30," he looked at the time on his wrist and cursed. It was 12:18 on his watch. "The procedure should begin shortly." He was wrong. She would do it.

"Tell her not to go through with it."

"I'm sorry, sir. This is her decision and I cannot change it. She's signed her medical papers. She can stop if she chooses to, but I am not allowed to change her mind for her."