ten ;

Magnus told us that Simon should be at the old Hotel Dumont where the vampires' lair is currently at. But first we had to go to a holy place to get some weapons since going to the Institute to do that would only be a waste of time - something that we did not have.

It was an old Catholic church built in the gothic style that kind of reminded of the Notre Dame but I guess all churches from the 12th century look the same. A black iron fence was surrounding the building.

"It's locked" Clary said while rattling the front gate.

"Let me do it" said Jace taking his stele out. "As usual, I'm amazingly good at it", he said with a smirk on his face teasing me while the gate opened. In normal circumstances I would argue with him about that comment since we would always pick on each other about who is the best at what, but I was still mad at him from being a jerk at Magnus' party.

"You guys go in and I'll stay here to make sure no one will attack us" I said.

"No one will attack a church" Jace said looking at me but I just ignored his comment and turned my back to him.

"Ok, we won't take long" Izzie said and by that they all got in.

Yes, I might be acting childish by avoiding Jace but I knew he would distract me and I needed to be focused on the mission. After a few minutes they came out loaded with weapons. Even Clary had a kind of a gun specially designed to kill vampires.

"Here" said Jace giving me some small knives and two blades.

"Thanks" I murmured and looked away.

~

What looked like an abandoned apartment building was standing in front of us but there was a sign on it. "Hotel Dumort" was written on it, but it should of had said "Hotel Dumont" . However someone painted out the N and replaced it with an R. How inviting.

We walked into the back door that was strangely open. It was very dark and empty inside. All of the furnitures were covered with dust and spider webs. There was no sign of Simon on the lobby so we moved on to the second floor. The stairs were stained with fresh blood.

We were all looking into the second floor.

"He's up here" said Alec looking up at the elevator. He was hanging from the elevator with only wires holding him.

We rushed into the stairs to the 5th floor, where he was. Clary desperately ran into the elevator hole where Simon was hanging and she was stretching, trying to get him but he was too far. Jace ran to pull her before she fell.

I looked over the room and I saw some wood boards.

"Help me out" I said to Izzie. We put the wood boards across the elevator hole making a kind of bridge.

I carefully walked into the board and got a hold on Simon. Alec got on the other side helping me take the wires off Simon's neck and arms. I felt a hand holding my waist and I didn't even had to look back to know it was Jace. We released Simon and carefully got him out of there.

"Thank god you are okay" said Clary hugging him.

"I don't really need your help" I said angrily to Jace noticing he was still holding me waist. He immediately let go. "If I did it, I would of have asked"

"If I didn't hold you, you would of have fallen" He replied.

"Then why would I fall and not Alec? We were both on that board" I provocative said looking him in the eyes.

"Stop fighting you two. We need to get going before they notice we are here" Izzie said interrupting us.

We ran down the stairs with Clary helping Simon. We were following the path that thankfully Alec had left with witchlight rune-stone when we bumped into the vampires.

"To the other door" Jace screamed seeing that there were too many of them.

We got into what seemed to be and old dinning room still with cutlery and glasses left. We were backing up from the door and more and more vampires were entering the room.

"Jace" Clary said looking behind us where more vampires started to come in, surrounding us.

We got into a circle-shaped formation with Clary and Simon in the middle. There were dozens of them and only six of us. We were totally outnumbered and fucked.

"Well, let the fun begin" I said.