Chapter 11- Alex

I had seriously not even thought about breaking the news to my parents, I was busy with other things.  But now that I do think about it, I feel kind of guilty.  I mean, they have been there for me for my whole life, the least I could do is tell them if I had a boyfriend, right?  

   "So, have you," my mother asks curiously.

   I bite my lip sheepishly and say, "No, I haven't even thought about it."

   She gasps and asks, "How long have you two been dating?  How long has he even been in town?"

   I look to the ground but she clears her throat, a clear sign that she means business.  "Well, he's been in town for a few days and we have been dating for that long, I guess," I mumble at the end.

   "Well, way to get down to business," she says pointedly.  

   My cheeks turn bright red and I whisper loudly, "Mom!"

   "What?  All I am saying is that it is kind of quick, don't you think?"  She looks at me expectantly.  

   I shake my head slowly, then look at Adam resting peacefully.  I smile to myself and say to her, "Anytime would've been the perfect time, Mom."  I turn back to her and she smiles genuinely.  

   "Well, as long as you are happy.  If he breaks your heart though, your father will have to have a talk with him about how he knows how to make bodies disappear."  

   My face once again turns beet red and this time I don't hold back, "Mom!  You are so weird!"  I all but yell.  I quick cover my mouth with my hand and turn to see if Adam has waken up.  He stirs a bit but he soon is snoring peacefully.  I look back to my mother to see that she is snickering at me.

   I roll my eyes and she asks the question I have been dreading, "What's wrong with the poor boy, anyways?  He looks like he is on the verge of dying!"  

   I look away and answer my mother nervously, "Um, he has the uh, flu.  He just came over and he fell asleep and yeah."

   I look at her to see if she believed the lie I was telling her and it looks like I'm in the clear.  "Well if it gets worse, I suggest you take him to the doctor's office."

   I nod my head vigorously, even though I wouldn't even dream of doing that.  What if someone discovers something they shouldn't?  I couldn't risk that, even if he did look like he was dying.  

   She gives a small nod and then tells me, "Well, I'm going downstairs to make supper, your father should be home soon.  I wouldn't wait any longer to tell him about Adam, you know how your father is with these kinds of things."

   "Yeah, mom, I get it.  I'll tell him at supper, wait, I have a question," I tell her, hope lighting up my face.

   "Yes, Adam can join us for supper, Alex."  She tells me.  

   I walk quickly over and give her a tight hug.  "Thank you," I whisper into her ear.

   She hugs me back and says, "You're welcome, Alex.  Dinner will be ready in an hour so find something to do until then."

    "Okay, I'll probably just work on homework.  Bye," I said as she was leaving my room.  I heard her walk down the stairs and as soon as I knew that she was downstairs, I went back to my comfortable position before.  

    I laid my head onto Adam's chest, but this time, he woke up.  His eyelids opened, showing his chocolate brown eyes and he was about to talk, but I covered his mouth with my hand.  "You aren't supposed to talk.  Lizzie told me that the potion isn't settled yet, so you may have difficulty talking for a while.  It should be settled by the time you have dinner with my family though."