Chapter 1: In Too Deep

Present time

La'Toya

"Orlando can you put my shoes on my feet?"

He kisses my cheek and places my shoes on my feet.

"Are you sure you want to wear these? You're suppose to be wearing the most comfortable shoes."

"I'm not wearing slippers or memory foam tennis shoes with my dress. It's a special occasion today."

"Yes it is."

He kisses my belly and I can't help smiling at the gesture. For the past 3 months it hasn't gotten old yet.

"Are you ready to find out the gender of the twins we're having Mr. Washington?"

"Yes I am Mrs. Washington."

We hold hands as we leave the house and arrive at our gender reveal/baby shower. Everyone knows what we're having except for us.

"Hey Double D!!!"

"Hey Jojo. Hey Jaida. Hey everyone!"

Gram comes up and gives me a heartfelt hug.

"You're looking radiant today Lala."

"Thanks Gram."

"Lala I've hooked up a cake for you."

"Auntie you're the best! You've been spoiling us too much."

"I want my babies to know they Auntie can throw down with the sweets."

Even though I have a rocky relationship with my parents I'm still grateful that they're here to celebrate our special day.

"Mom... Dad."

"La'Toya we are so proud of you. I can't believe that we're grandparents."

"You better believe it honey because we are and they'll be here soon."

My dad is grinning from ear to ear and my mom is shedding tears of joy. I straighten Orlando's suit jacket and his bow tie.

"So when can we find out what we're having?"

"Alright Toya, Jojo and I have that covered."

A scavenger hunt, popped balloon, games, and pink/blue smoke later we find out we're having a boy and a girl.

"Okay all that work and I deserve my cake."

Lando laughs at me while I eat my cake and drink pink lemonade.

"You're gonna have a sugar rush."

I roll my eyes and keep eating. I yawn and stretch as my eyes begin to feel heavier. I start walking towards the house and curl up on the first bed I come in contact with.

Andrade
"Sleep peacefully Queen. My plan is finally in motion. Carry her into the van, but don't wake her up."

I watch my men carry the Queen into the van and then I drive off with my newly made prisoner. I came to divide and conquer.

Kayla
"Marcus, we can put all of this Legacy and Legion business behind us. We can just run away and live together until the end of our time."

"Kayla..."

I'm trying to at least hold onto the best thing in my life when everything has went to shambles.

"Marcus...I."

"I told Jayla that Ryan and Rylee are my children 3 years ago."

My blood runs cold and my eyes widen.