Chapter Five

I closed the window after a few minutes and flopped down on my bed. What did he just do? I sighed. This is a bother. I untied my ponytail and let my long, pink hair scatter around me.

"Melody! Come down here please!" My mother said.

I got up and went downstairs into the kitchen. My parents were in their business clothes and my mother was holding a list.

"I'm so sorry, we have to run to the office. Can you please buy the groceries?" My mom said.

I nodded and she gave me money for the groceries.

"We'll be home before you know it!" My dad said and they went out the door.

I went back upstairs to grab my wallet and keys, and went out the door. I know mom already gave me money, but I'll bring extra money in case I want to buy something. I locked the door and started to make my way to the store.

"Where're you going Melody?"

I turned around and saw Ray running towards me.

"The more important question is, why aren't you with your family?"

He stopped when he got to me. "I usually go out, so that I won't have to talk to Vince."

I nodded. "To answer your question, I am on my way to the store to get groceries."

"Can I come with? It'll help me get used to the place." He said.

"I suppose so."

We began walking to the store. Ray looked at me.

"You let your hair down?" He asked.

I nodded. He ran his fingers through my hair.

"It looks good."

I held his wrist. "I would prefer if you didn't touch me."

He nodded and pulled his arm back. We walked the rest of the way in silence. After a somewhat long walk we reached the store. I went in and looked back. Ray was staring at me.

"Come in."

He shook his head and walked inside. We both searched for the things on the list and we soon got everything.

"Do you want anything? I have extra money." I said while grabbing a box of chocolate Pocky.

"No, I'm fine." He said.

I looked at him, then grabbed another box of Pocky.

"For you." I said.

He smiled and took it.

We paid for our things walked out the store. I took out a box of a Pocky and handed it to him. He took it and held it in his hand.

"Are you going to go home?" I asked.

"Can I go over to your house? I don't need Vince on my case." He asked with a hopeful face.

I sighed and nodded. He smiled. We entered my house and I shut the door behind us, locking it.

"My mom and dad just left for work, so we'll be alone." I said.

I turned and saw Ray with a small grin on his face. I tilted my head in confusion. Confusion? That's new.

"Okay." He had a big grin on his face.

Ray's P.O.V.

"My mom and dad just left for work, so we'll be alone." Melody said.

I grinned a little. From the start I knew she was hurting. When I looked at her at school, her eyes were clouded and they held loneliness. I wanted to change that, let her have more emotion.