five

"Good morning, love," Louis yawns, walking into the kitchen of their little flat. Harry looks up from his cuppa, grinning at Louis sleepily. Louis leans down and pecks Harry on the lips, opening his eyes and grinning when he sees Harry giggle. He can't help but kiss him again.

Being married to his best friend is, like, the best thing ever. Even the domestic little things, like bringing Harry tea when he's up late studying, or grocery shopping together, or falling asleep on the sofa together while they're watching a movie. He loves all of it.

"Hey, um, I need to talk to you about something," Harry says, sounding a bit timid.

Louis' face softens. He sits down at the table with Harry, folding his arms on top of it. "Of course, yeah, what's the matter?" He asks gently.

"Um," Harry bites his bottom lip, looking down at his lap. "I...I'm pregnant, Lou."

Louis' heart almost jumps out of his body. Oh, holy shit. He almost thinks maybe he misheard Harry. "You're...you're pregnant? Like...with a baby?"

Harry laughs nervously. "Yeah, I think so," He reaches into the pocket of his joggers, handing Louis a white stick. Louis takes it with a shaky hand, staring down at it. It's positive. Oh fuck. Oh, holy fuck.

"O-Oh my God," Louis stutters. "Oh my God, Harry. This is...oh my God."

"Louis," Harry's voice brings Louis back down to earth. He looks up at him and sees how scared he is. "I-I don't know what we're going to do."

"I don't either," Louis admits quietly. "Holy shit, baby. This...is kind of amazing? And terrifying, holy shit, we're not super ready for this."

"I'm not ready for this," Harry sniffles, eyes watery. Oh, geez.

"Haz, you've been talking about having babies since you were sixteen," Louis points out fondly, but his hands are trembling. "We're married now. It's...our mums can't yell at us about that shit anymore."

"You're right," Harry takes a deep breath. "You're right, we both need to relax."

"Come here, beautiful," Louis says gently, holding his arms out to Harry. Harry smiles weakly, standing up from his chair and sitting on Louis' lap instead. Louis nuzzles his nose into Harry's upper arm. "I know you want to keep it, love. You're just scared."

"Why can you read me so well?" Harry giggles, his nose pink, eyes wet. "I am scared, this is scary. I'm still in law school. We're so young, Lou."

"There's no one else I'd rather be young with," Louis murmurs. Harry's cheeks turn bright pink, and Louis grins to himself smugly. He loves getting that kind of reaction out of Harry. "We can figure everything out, pet. I'll start working more hours. Uh, we might need to ask our parents for some help."

"Lou," Harry says hesitantly.

"I'm not saying it's definite, but. Maybe."

Harry sighs. He leans down and nuzzles his nose into the crook of Louis' neck. "We'll be okay, L, right?"

Louis grins to himself, resting his hand against Harry's flat stomach. "We'll be okay, H."

Louis wakes up with a terrible headache. Harry is already up and in the washroom getting ready, and Gracie must still be asleep. He sighs sleepily, burying his face into his pillow. His throat is a little sore when he swallows, and he's so fucking tired.