3

"Okay, on my part I think that's it for today. But do you have anything else you would like to talk about?"

"No, I think I'm fine. Thank you so much Mr Kim." The blond bowed and went to pick up his bag, content with how the mentor session had gone, when Mr Kim spoke up again. "One more thing, Jimin."

The student's gaze returned to focus on his teacher, nodding to signal his full attention.

"Well, I was wondering if you had free time this afternoon. Around 3:30?"

"Yeah, why?" Jimin asked, beginning to feel slightly nervous.

"Oh, don't worry. It's nothing bad. I was just wondering if you could come back here at that time. Hopefully there'll be other students too and I just wanted to talk to you guys about something. Is that okay?"

"Sure, I'll come," the blond said, a hint of confusion tinting his voice, before resuming his attempt at leaving the lab, assuming that was all.

"Tell Jungkook to come as well," he heard.

Jimin looked up once again. "Jungkook's busy this afternoon, Sir," he told the teacher with a sad smile. "Anyway, I guess I'll see you later. Thank you, Sir." And with that, Jimin left the room.

He found himself an empty spot in the hallway and took out his phone.
Hey, Kookie. Good luck with your date later today. If you need me, I'll be in Mr Kim's lab from 3:30 till curfew. He asked for you and said you should come too but I told him you had other things going on. Have fun.

The reply came almost instantly.
Thanks Chim :)

Jimin pocketed his phone with a sigh and carried on walking. Jungkook wouldn't need him nor would he come to Mr Kim's classroom later on. A realisation dawned on the blond, one that was more painful than he could imagine; he was slowly being replaced by a guy who was most likely a hundred times more likeable and attractive than Jimin could ever be. And he had to get used to it fast.

It was cold outside. The type of cold that bites at your face and makes your fingers go numb. This, matched with Seokjin's inability to find a certain silver haired male, did little to suppress his growing irritation.

When Namjoon had asked for any students who were potentially not taking the designated injections, the previously mentioned silver-head immediately came to mind. Seokjin didn't know anything about him, heck, he didn't even know his name, but what he was aware of, was that he was trying too hard to stay in the shadows. The illusion may have worked on others around him and Jin had to admit that the boy could make a good actor. But the brunet had also been witness to some subtle slip-ups. He had seen how wide his smile could stretch and how lively his laughter could sound. A simple conversation was worth a shot, right?

It was safe to say Jin had walked the perimeter of the campus at least twice, stopping at popular hang out spots and peaking into lecture halls. But at no point in his journey did he spot streaks of glistening silver. Namjoon should think himself lucky, since Seokjin had no lectures that day. Otherwise, the student doubted he would have been able to focus on both his studies and the newly acquired task at hand.

The brunet walked hopelessly down the corridor, getting about ready to give up, when a class leaving a room further up the hall caught his attention, or more specifically, fiery red hair. Jin had seen the student around and cursed himself internally for not thinking of the boy earlier. His genuineness and bubbly nature made him hard to forget and this made Seokjin worry for the boy. In this society, you would want to be as basic as possible; you didn't want people remembering you. On the other hand though, if the red head hadn't been caught and questioned, he must have been doing something right.