8

Possible trigger warning: mentions of sexual assault, suicidal thoughts, alcoholism and violence.

"So was like 'you better sit your ass down and act- and when I say act I mean act as if you were in a whole ass motherfucking Shakespeare production- act like a decent human being at the very leastunless you want to know what it's like to have a very serious meeting in the Chancellor's office with your parents either side of you, praying that their precious baby doesn't get expelled, or worse still, become an offender'."

"Damn. Did you actually say that to him?" asked a fully engaged Jungkook.

"Of course I did," Seokjin replied with a nervous smile, now less confident than he had been a couple seconds prior. "Six hours later," he added, his head low. At the awkward silence, he slowly lifted his head up and, owing to the looks of confusion continued, "In my head... while I was in the shower."

Unanimous groans and scoffs of disbelief filled the air that was previously thick with anticipation, the boys unsure of whether to be annoyed at themselves for believing in the validity of the honourable fight, or at Seokjin, who had made the situation sound so believable.

"What? He was scary," Jin mumbled. "I just told him I was going to report him to the Head, which I did. You can't be going around being a dickhead to everyone, especially kids who are younger than you. Those poor students probably had such a hard time. "

"You did well. I remember how brave you were," Mr Kim comforted.

"Oh, so you were already teaching here when this happened?" asked Hoseok.

"I was still studying at the time but I was offered work experience for a period of 2 weeks or something like that. It was like a year before the new government," replied Mr Kim.

"Oh," Taehyung drawled out, "that's why we hadn't heard about this," he said, turning to Jimin and Jungkook, who nodded their heads in agreement, the trio having been too young to attend university at the time.

"I remember it so clearly, probably because I was in the first year," said Yoongi. "Didn't he end up being charged for sexual assault as well?"

"Yeah. That kid needed serious help. I wonder what's happening to him now," Mr Kim sighed.

Throughout the course of the conversation, Namjoon had subconsciously moved closer to Seokjin's side, his hand now comfortably placed on the younger's waist and his shoulder acting as a pillow for Jin's head.

"Sir, I don't mean to change the subject or be nosy or anything but are you two... dating?" Jungkook asked tentatively, the question having been one that was present at the back of all of their heads, itching to be answered. 

"First of all, I already told you guys to call me Namjoon. It's just going to be awkward otherwise and I'm only a couple years older than you guys anyway. And yeah," Namjoon said softly, intertwining his fingers with Jin's while maintaining eye contact with him, "we are dating."

This elicited claps and whoops from the group of students, the pair now uncharacteristically shy and flustered. "Cute," Jimin cooed, the sight making him smile extra wide.

"Anyway," Seokjin interrupted, attempting to change the subject and divert the attention away from him and his love life, "what should we talk about now?"

This was how the whole of Saturday, and now half of Sunday, had been spent, the boys alternating between bouncing from one, often nonsensical, topic of conversation to another, and playing ridiculous games so as to pass the time and additionally ease any lingering awkwardness.