Us?

"What are you drawing eh?" Shawn whispered in my ear, "Is that us?" I shook my head no. I was doing a sketch for my art class. "It's for my art class, the topic to draw was a relationship, such as love, hate, family, friend ect. " I explained. "Hey give me your hand," I held my hand in front of him. He took a permanent marker out of his backpack and wrote, Shawn (940)252-8903 on the inside of my hand. "Call me tonight and don't forget," he said before walking back to his friends.

    I sat there staring at my hand, hoping my dad won't see it and over react about it. RIIIIIIIIIING!!!!!! The bell rang  to go home. I sat on the bus watching Shawn walk to his car waving at me. Once I got home supper was ready sitting on the table and there was my family sitting at the table waiting for me. I put my backpack on the hook by the door and sat down to eat. Everything was normal, talking about our day, laughing, dads corny dad jokes until "Mimi what's on your hand?" I laid my hand flat on the table trying to hide the number from my Anuman. "Nothing," I said dad grabbed my hand and read it out loud " (940)252-8903 who's this?" lucky the name had faded enough so he couldn't read it. "It's a friend from school," I say with a shaky voice "It better be a friend" dad said before going back to his meal.

Shawn's P.O.V
I sat at my desk playing Forktnite when my phone rang. It was Mya calling me, which I didn't think she would do. I picked it up and answered "Hello this is Shawn" I said irritated "Did I call you at a bad time?" she sounded sad "No, but what's the problem, you sound upset?"
"I'm fine, you just sounded angry,"
"I'm not angry at you i was just in the middle of something very important,"
"Oh sorry, I should let you get back to it then eh,"
"No it's ok I already lost," I said while turning off my computer
"Lost? What were you doing?"
"Uhh nevermind, did you have a good day?"
"Yeah it was like every other day,"
"I gotta go my mom is going to work and I have to clean the house, goodnight,"
"Ok goodnight Shawn"

I hung up my phone and laid down feeling like a jerk. Just this morning I was talking to my friends about her. "Hey dude remember when you bet that I couldn't get Lauren to fall in love with me and she not only fell in love with me, but gave her virginity to me," Jay said laughing . I remembered that day two years ago when I had to pay him $50 and buy him lunch for a week. "We should do that again, how about you Shawn?"
"What?"
"Be the one to do it this time eh,"
"I don't know man that was kind of stupid back then and it still is,"
"Come on man it will be fun,"
"How about that girl?" Mark said pointing at a girl walking down the hall
"Isn't that girls name Mayuree or something?" Jay questioned
"Yeah, but I think people call her Mya," Mark said

She walked looking down as if she was ashamed. For a quick moment that she looked up I saw her face. She was kind of cute but in a childlike way. And that's when I made a difficult choice in my life.

"Ok i'll do it, but if I win you guys pay me $20 each and buy my lunch for a week," I say before shaking their hands and walking the direction she walked in.

    I went downstairs to clean the house before my mom gets home. I know I have the house to myself and could do better things with it, but since the day my dad went into a coma my mom had to get two jobs to support us and pay his medical bills to keep him on life support, so she is always tired and I want to help as much as possible. I suggested getting a job also, but mom said that it could get in the way of school.

    After hours I went to bed sleeping like a baby. For "two seconds " until my alarm went off as it always feels. Before going to school I went to check on my mom who was asleep in her bed with her work clothes on. She leaves at 8:30 so I don't wake her.