Chapter 6 (oops)

Your POV

After a few minutes of asking Adrien not to tell the others, he agreed.  “I won’t tell anyone unless you want to me too.” He told me. I nodded, pulling Adrien into a hug without thinking.  I felt Adrien hug back after a second. “Thank you Adrien.” I said softly. “No problem n/n.” Adrien replied softly.  I pulled away and turned around. Adrien had been calling me by my real name this whole time, so someone would have to be behind us.  Of course, it was everyone else. I felt my cheeks heat up, walking quickly past everyone. It was silent before I heard someone trying to catch up to me.  “N/n, wait up!” A voice said. It was Marionette. I slowed down, letting her catch up. “What was that about?” She asked. I huffed. I had to make something believable up, and fast.  “Before moving to the States, I was living here in Paris. I knew Adrien, for a while at least. We moved because of my parents’ jobs. When they divorced, me and my step brother moved back here with my father.  I didn’t even recognize Adrien, but he had remembered me.” I made up quickly.

Marri nodded.  “Wow, Adrien never said anything about you.”  She said. Right, Marri’s known Adrien longer than me.  I’d have to talk to Adrien after this to make sure he had the same story, it would make it even more believable.  “I told him to try and make new friends. That if he kept thinking about me, Adrien wouldn’t be happy. I wanted him to stay happy, or at least that’s what I would tell myself all the time.  That he was happy here.” I added. Marri nodded. “Okay, that explains everything.” She said. I stopped walking. “Explains what?” I asked. Marionette looked confused for a moment. “When you came into first period, Adrien seemed confused.  I’d just guessed it was because he was missing y/n still. Y/n was our close friend.” Marri said. I nodded. “But the apartment complex she lived in was attacked. Y/n was held hostage but she got away from the guys behind it. The building burned down, but nobody saw y/n come out.  She hasn’t shown up hours later… so the news announced to everyone she had to have died in the blaze. Y/n was one of my best friends in school, It just won’t be the same without her here.” Marri added sullenly. Took a breath, this had to sound believable. “I’m sorry. I guess me coming in so suddenly after that makes it seem like I was trying to replace y/n.”  I said softly. I never thought about how this about effect everyone mentally. This wasn’t looking like the best solution anymore, but it was the only one I could think of.

Marri nodded, but she half-smiled.  “I know you’re not trying to replace her.  You didn’t even know about y/n before.” She assured me.  I nodded. “I have to go home, I’ll see you at school Marionette.”  I said quickly. As soon as I was outside again, I found my way to my apartment.  I let Yin and Yang come out of my purse and sat on the couch, looking out the window.  “Y/n, Adrien promised he won’t tell anyone. What’s bothering you?” Yin asked. I took a breath.  “I feel bad for lying to Marri. She’s been one of the greatest friends to me, and I just lied to her like it was nothing.”  I muttered. I saw the two kwamies exchange glances. “You did what you believed you had to do y/n. I’m sure Marionette would understand.”  Yang said. I nodded, half smiling. “Thanks, I just didn’t think it would be this weird around everyone. They all think I’m dead, but they all want to make me feel welcome at the same time.”  I started, standing up and going to the fridge. I made some f/s/f (favorite soup flavor) soup and ate, putting a movie on.  A knock on the door made Yin and Yang hide.  I set the bowl down and unlocked the door. It was Ayla and… Adrien?

I looked around the hall quickly.  “What are you guys doing here?” I asked, letting them inside.  “Adrien wanted to know if you were living alone again and somewhere safe.”  Ayla explained, which made Adrien try to make something up. “I-I was just w-worried you didn’t e-end up s-somewhere that w-wasn’t safe.”  He sputtered somewhat randomly. I half nodded. ”Right…” I said sarcastically. I swore Adrien was blushing. Ayla shook her head. “Marri was concerned after you left.  That you were talking about knowing Adrien?” She said. I half nodded. “She was asking how Adrien and I knew each other. I made up a story quickly and left.” I said. “I said I knew Adrien before moving the The States.  That he was my best friend. That when I moved, I had said to make new friends and try not to think about me.” I explained. The three of us talked for a while, until the sun started going down that is. Adrien had to go home before his father got mad and made his miss school or gave him extra classes.

Ayla left since she had to watch her younger sisters.  As soon as I closed the door, Yin and Yang came out from hiding.  I got them something to eat and put a movie on. I wasn’t really paying any attention to the movie, just letting as much time pass as possible.  I wanted to talk to LB and Chat since they would be the ones patrolling tonight. “Are you jealous y/n?” Yang asked. I rolled my eyes, half growling.  “No I am not, I just want to talk to them about that plan. We should start it before Hawkmoth makes some move. I still feel like he thinks he knows who Starfire is.”  I countered. “Hopefully LB won’t attack when she sees me like last time.” I added softly. Yang stayed silent. Served him right. Me, jealous? Of Ladybug patrolling tonight with Chat noir?  Yeah, right. That was as likely as Adrien being Chat. I turned the lights off when the movie rolled the credits and closed the living room curtain. It was really dark, maybe it was going to rain earlier than the weatherman had predicted (it’s around September by now).  “Yang, let’s darken.”  I said quickly, going out the window silently.  I jumped up into the roof and crouched down to listen for anything out of the ordinary, mainly for Chat’s stupid puns.

After a while, I still haven't heard anything.  They must have been farther away than I was able to hear.  I stood up and jumped to another roof, still trying to hear those two.  A small light shone on me from above. It was someone with their phone. I shook my head and jumped to another roof.  It was oddly quiet tonight, considering Chat was usually saying something that involved some kind of pun. Something must have happened to LB and Chat, I had to find out where they were a help out.  I pulled my sword out, clicked the bottom of the handle and dialed. I heard the call ring before it cut off. Chat had hung up on me! I called again but this time, all I could hear was someone breathing when it was picked up.  “Chat noir?” I asked, stopping. “Come on Chat, this isn’t funny. Tell me where you and LB are.” I growled.

The breathing paused for a second, before continuing again.  I growled again. "This had better not be a joke Chat. If this is, you really do have a sicko's mindset."  I snarled. The call cut off. My screen beeped with an incoming call. I picked it up quickly. *Starfire?*  A voice asked. The background was full of yelling and crashing. "Ladybug? Is that you? Where are you and Chat?"  I asked. *We- trouble- park- black-* LB said right before the call cut off. "Please tell me they haven't de transformed." I muttered, heading towards the park.  I paused when I was a block away. The park was pitch black. Usually the streetlights would be on at this time. I half growled, jumping down to street level.