bandits with feelings (part 5)

Days pass and every day, Nick and I have been watching the newscast for anything about a murder. So far, nothing has been reported and I'm beginning to feel like I've gotten away with it. Today is my date with Danny. I haven't been able to really kiss Nick at all for the past few days. He doesn't want the gang to know yet, but I'm sure that they have a pretty big suspicion of us. I been hanging around with the gang, getting to know them better. Turns out that Steven is a real softie and that Danny attracts girls like flies.

Danny tells the gang that him and I are going 'grocery-shopping' and we leave together. "How is you doing?" He asks, opening the front door for me. "I'm alright, how 'bout you?" I respond. "I been thinking about you a lot. Can't get your cute little face out of my mind." Danny says. I feel a weird feeling in my stomach. We walk to his car. I remember all those days ago when Nick drove me to his house in this car. I sit shotgun instead of in the back. Before we leave, Danny plants a kiss on my cheek.

I don't know where we are going, but I decide to not say anything. Blackwater is actually quite a pretty town. There are many colorful shops and places. We stop in front of a bright neon sign. It's a bowling alley. "You is going down," Danny warns. "Bowling?" I question. "It's different, like me," Danny says, giving me an adorable smile. He takes my hand and we go inside. He pays for our visit and he leads me inside. "We gotta change into the appropriate clothes." He says. We go into our separate change rooms, where I find a bowling outfit my size. I put on the bowling shoes that make a funny sound every time I take a step. When I step out with my clothes, I see Danny standing there, not all his buttons are buttoned. "You look funny," I say. "You look funnier." I retort. He rolls his eyes. "Come on, let's go find a lane for ourselves," Danny says.

I follow him through the dimly lit bowling alley. We find a lane near the wall. The bowling alley is pretty quiet right now. There's 80s style music playing faintly in the background. "Want to see something funny?" Danny asks, turning towards me. I shrug. "Your choice."

Danny starts nodding along to the music and then starts moving his hips. His feet start tapping with his body and they slowly start to move faster and faster. It takes a moment for me to realize that he's tap-dancing. I giggle as I watch his cheesy smile. Every click of his bowling shoes goes along perfectly with the music. "I didn't you could move your feet like that," I say when he's finished. He pants lightly. "It's been a while." He breathes. I snort and I look into his pretty blue eyes. The world disappears and all I see for a moment is Danny.

His arms wrap around my back and we kiss slowly. I open my eyes and smile, even laugh. "That was for the tap-dancing," I mutter. Danny laughs and I immediately compare his to Nick's. We kiss lightly again and we start bowling. He starts taking the lead, as I always get my bowling balls stuck onto the sides, in the gutters. I groan as I miss the pins completely for the 3rd time. "Watch this, alright?" Danny says, picking up a blue ball. He backs up and spins around two times and lobs the ball down the lane. The ball hits the pins straight through the middle, but still leaving one standing. "Danny the dancer." I murmur. He smirks at me. "What did you say?" He asks. "Danny the dancer," I repeat.

"Ah, has a nice ring to it. Ain't it?" Danny responds. I take a purple ball from the rack. "Of course it got a nice ring to it." I murmur and shoot the ball the lane. I get a strike as all the pins fall down. I raise my hands in victory. "You better watch yourself," I warn him. "I is still wining, watch your trap," Danny says, raising my face up to his by taking my chin. I narrow my eyes at him. "I'm going to catch up to you," I tell him. He raises his eyebrows. "Ain't gonna happen," Danny says, letting go of my face.

We shoot some more balls and I start to notice a small group of chicks pick their lane, close to us. Danny seems to recognize them, but he chooses to ignore them. He finishes his turn and I step up to the lane. As I aim for my shot, I hear one of them coo at him.