The hardships of forgetting

Fate.

It's a word some people use to describe a situation in which them and their crush like the same things or enjoy the same foods, but what really is fate?

I don't fucking know, I thought I did up until today. Now I stand on the edge of a bridge watching the hungry waves slamming against the supports, waiting, anticipating, my fall. My failure. I see a bright flashing light out of the corner of my eye.

I take one step closer to the edge, "Before anyone can stop m-"

~~

I began to open my heavy eye lids to reveal a dimly lit room. I was surrounded by curtains on all but one side of my bed. I began to sit up but whimpered from the pain I felt in my chest and my arm. I look around one last time before speaking,

"Hello, is someone there?" I said as loud as I could without putting myself through pain.

I hear the clicking of somethigns fake plastics heels stricking the floor, around the corner turns a nurse with a tight brunette bun and brown lipstick, she looks rather surprised for some reason... but I can't figure out why.

"Good morning, Ms. Levette." She say cheerily, she had a brown cardboard pad in her hand with a pen, close to her face while she watched my every move.

... I wasn't even moving.

"Hi, Ms.-"

"Green."

"Green, who is Ms. Levette. Is she someone behind me?" I say slighty turning my head wince at the pain I feel in my neck.

"You're Ms. Levette. Kirk Levette." She said in disbelief. I should be in disbelief since when do I have a boy's name?

"Oh... OK. Um, so why am I here, Ms...-"

"Green."

"Green, because I'm in a lot of pain and I'm not sure why."

"Well, we have deduce that you were walking on the edge of a bridge when Mr. Sanders car drives a little to fast before hitting you." She said switching from foot to foot.

"Mr. Sanders?" She scrunches her face slightly in confusions before pulling a different curtain to reveal a boy with disheveled sandy brown hair, a badly bruised nose, a black eye, and major cut on his lip. He looked so unhappy and unsettled in his sleep.

I wonder what he's thinking of.

"Do I know him?" I said wondering why someone of his beauty knows me. Even though I'm not sure I know I'm average already.

"Yes, he is the brother of Jayy Sanders." She said slowly. I felt my heart cringe at that name, Jayy Sanders.

Why do I know him? Why does it hurt to think about him?

"What's his name?" I say looking over at him,

"Daniel. Daniel Jaidon Sanders" I felt my eyes begin to water, why? I felt a tear run down my face, as I watch Daniel Sanders furrow his eyebrows in his sleep.

My glazed eyes slide back over to the nurse while she wipes the tear out of my eyes, she looks a little heart broken but is wondering what I need.

"Can we wake him up?" I ask quietly. She bites her lip and looks between us,

"Let me go ask the doctor." She says over her shoulder as she hurries off somewhere else.

I left alone with my own concious which was already weighing heavily on my mood. He turned side ways and faced me while I watch switch between frowning and looking sad, it broke my heart.

His eyes shot open and stared into mine, they were so blue. I couldn't look away,

"H-Hi, I'm Kirk Levette."

"Go away." he whispered and turned around.

"Daniel, I'm sorry if I did something, I don't remember anything." His head snaps in my direction before turning back around face ing me. His eyes grew so dark it reminded me of a night sky with no moon.

"Go away." He said a little louder scouting to the other side of his bed. 

"Why do you know me?" he says with a straight face his voice i sounds so deep and serious.

"I don't. I just heard from a nurse." I said lowering my eyes from his intense gaze. As if knowing things were going to get awkward I hear the fimliar clicking getting closer, the noise frightens Daniel. His head ricocheting from side to side trying to find the source of the noise.

The doctor walks inand begins talking looking down at his paper reading the list of things about us,

"Listen up you two. You both go to Hunbury High, Kirk you're a 11th grader, Daniel your 12th. You two only know each other through Jayy Sanders, Daniel's brother, and Kirk's boyfriend. I'm assuming you remember your family and birthdays an that is all your parents will be picking you up now."

He makes a B-line out with the nurse on his tail.

Daniel and I are staring each other dead in the face,

"You're dating my brother?"

"Apparently." 

"He's a sophmore in college though."

"Oh my. Do I like older men?"

"The fuck if I know, I just want to leave." As if on que what I assume to be his parents come and take him home within 15 min.

My parents have yet to come and get me. I drift into a dreamless sleep after a few hours and wake up to the ug of my curtains.

"Hi Kirk, it's me Aunt Trish."

"I remember you."

"Well good, let's get you out of here." She says and guides me home. Unfortunatley I don't remember living here.

--

Hey guys, I knwo I keep deleting every story I make well that's because I feel they are weak but I will try and see if I can keep up with this one.

-C.R.