Nightmares

Just a little warning, this chapter is a bit angsty and sad (not anything to do with a relationship ending and there's no suicide. Plus it's all a dream.), so if you no like, you can just skip it. There is not a whole lot you would miss, just a little confusion is possible. I know I don't always like angst in stories, but I found it important for plot development. Ok, on with the fanfic!
————————————————————
  Dream- Lapis looked around frantically. "I'm back here?" She thought standing in the middle of the battle field during what appeared to be the gem war. Lapis began hyperventilating until a bismuth had ran up to her.
  "W-What's going on?!" Lapis asked it.

  "Don't address me Crystal Gem, you know exactly what's going on!" It said sounding disgusted.

  A grim feeling filled the air. Soldiers running everywhere. Lapis was too confused at this strange surrounding to realize the bismuth's fist was crashing down, poofing her.

     Next thing lapis knew, she was back in the mirror. Trapped. Suddenly, a bright light filled the empty atmosphere, screams echoing around her. Suddenly, she felt a heavy foot on her gem. Lapis wanted to scream in pain, but she couldn't. She couldn't do anything. All she was was a formless gem in a mirror unable to reform.

      Suddenly, Lapis was back on that ship with Jasper and Peridot.

     Lapis, once more, looked frantically around. She was in a cell. The air dense and there was a harsh feeling in the air. In the distance, Lapis could hear a familiar voice shouting.

      Jasper... a chill made its way down Lapis's back as she heard Jasper yelling at Peridot.

      Although while she was actually on that ship, Lapis couldn't have cared less about Peridot, her current feelings for the small green gem caused her concern for her friend. As the voices drew near her holding cell, Lapis inched over to the corner of her small space trying not to make it apparent that she was, in fact, eavesdropping.

  "ENOUGH! Jasper shouted at Peridot, looking scared. "I DON'T CARE ABOUT HOW YOU FEEL, YOU'RE JUST A TECHNICIAN! YOUR OPINION DOES NOT MATTER! YOU ARE TO CONTINUE TO INTERROGATE THAT PRISONER AND YOU WILL DO IT NOW! I WILL NOT LET YOU SET US BACK ANYMORE YOU USELESS PERIDOT! GET BACK TO YOUR POST!!" Jasper screamed at Peridot.

  Peridot sighed, defeated. Lapis observes nervously as Peridot opened her cell and handcuffed her. The technician walked Lapis to a room all too familiar. The room where she was tortured for answers. Suddenly, instead of placing a destabilizer on Lapis's gem to interrogate her, Peridot sighed and walked away.

  "I can't do it." Peridot said ashamed.

  Suddenly, Jasper, who was spying from outside the room busted through the door. She threw Lapis aside and placed Peridot in the handcuffs instead. "PERIDOT, WHY DID YOU DO THAT?!" Jasper demanded.

     Peridot, too terrified to speak only was able to get out an "u-uhh, I-I"

  Peridot's terror was visible on her face. Then, Jasper places her large touch stump on Peridot's forehead, right on her gem and pushed down on it, cracking it.

  Lapis gasped terrified. "LET HER GO!!"

  But nobody heard her.

Jasper stared dead into Peridot's vision spheres, shouting "I WILL ASK YOU AGAIN, RUNT! WHY DID YOU DO THAT?!"

  Peridot stuttered, but was unable to get anything out.

  Tears began to form in Lapis's eyes as she saw Jasper crack Peridot's gem once more. "STOP, YOU'RE HURTING HER!!"

  "THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE TO ANSWER ME, BRAT!" Jasper shouted at the already injured Peridot.

    All Lapis wanted to do at that moment was to hold Peridot in her arms and comfort her. She wished she could just pick up her Peridot and find someone to heal her gem. She wanted to place her hand on the side of her face and reassure her that everything would be alright. Most of all, she wanted to shatter Jasper.

Peridot looked horrified. All of her limbs were gone as her physical form was struggling to hold.

  Lapis could not take this anymore, but whatever she did, nobody could understand. She tried yelling, screaming, anything. She went over to punch Jasper, but her fist moved right through her. Lapis realized this was all a dream, but she was still horrified.

   Suddenly, to her dismay, Lapis heard a huge crack "NO!" Lapis shouted.

    Jasper walked out the room frustrated.

    Lapis ran up to Peridot's form distorted and on the ground. Her arms and legs were all but stumps. Her gem was badly cracked and chipped, and prone to shattering. Peridot's visor was cracked as well with large cracks across Peridot's face fallowing all the way down what was left of her form.

    Lapis grabbed for Peridot to gently hold her in her arms, but Peridot's body moved right through her hands.

    Suddenly, they were in a kindergarten. Lapis was scared, and then saw a robonoid scanning the both of them. Lapis, once more tried to grab for Peridot, but it was all a hologram of a dream.

     Peridot, too weak to move just laid there accepting her fate.

    Lapis began sobbing as the robonoid blasted out a bright light shattering Peridot into shards. Lapis fell to her knees staring at the shards bawling.

     Suddenly  she was on the beach. A shipwreck behind her.

     Lapis felt a forceful hand grab her wrist lifting her into the air saying "Lapis, fuse with me!"

    Suddenly, she was pulled into a dance, suddenly fusing into malachite. Lapis began to sob uncontrollably as she chained herself and Jasper to her bottom of a suffocating, dark ocean.

    Jasper's toxic words rang through her head, and suddenly, she woke up.