Chapter 2

Drugs and people who do them sicken me.
I figure I don't have long until whoever is following me starts to search the pantry and figures something out.
I hear the sounds of glass shattering in the room I was just in. I fast - walk to the other side of the room and open a rusty door, shutting it behind me. I turn around and let my eyes adjust to the gloom. In front of me is a small step ladder, the roof is made up of two massive doors, like this is a cellar/basement sort of thing. I climb up the step ladder and push one of the doors open. I cringe at the sound of the rusty hinges creaking. I grab the edge of the door in both hands tightly and in one fluid, quick movement, push the door open, Which kind of helped reduce the sound.
I quickly jump up and out of the cellar and shut the door behind me. I'm at the side of the house now.
I sprint back to the front and check his car incase he left his keys in there.
The keys are still in the ignition, I jump in and start it up. I'm only 14, but When my dad was around he taught me how to drive a manual and an automatic. This car is manual, which is a streak of luck, because I feel more comfortable in one.
I slam the car into reverse and spin around. I push it into first gear and take off down the driveway as fast I can, changing gears as I go. I pull out onto the road, not stopping or checking for oncoming cars.