Chapter 7

Kihyun rushed towards the door and left the building. "Kihyun!" Y/n trailed behind him as she's worried for his being.

They both ran as the pace was not getting slower anytime soon. Y/n didn't gave up although she knows well her body couldn't take it anymore. Fortunately, they arrived at a hospital as Kihyun rushed towards the counter.

He asked the receptionist about her mother's condition. The receptionist was confused but still searched for his mother's name. The receptionist froze and looked at Kihyun. "You're Yoo Kihyun?" He nodded eagerly. "I'm sorry sir, but your mother had die long ago. "

Kihyun furrowed his eyebrow. "It must be a mistake. I've just saw her this morning. She's with me." Y/n noticed the situation and pulled Kihyun aside. They both sat down at the benches in the lobby.

"They're wrong. My mother told me she's here." She looked at Kihyun and held his hand tightly. "Listen to me, Kihyun." She pursed her lips as she's trying to find the words. She gathered her courage.

"You need to accept it. I know deep down you know that your mother is no longer with you. You need to wake up. Look at how much you've lost because of it. You've given up your potential career of becoming an idol because of this. Someday, the truth will come on it's own. And today is that day. Your mother told you to be here, to know the truth. All you need to do is accept it."

Kihyun looked at her with terror. "I thought you believe me. I thought that maybe we can be something. But, I guess I was wrong." He stood up. "You're just the same as the others." He's about to leave, but Y/n pulled his wrist making him turned to her. Unfortunately, when he turns, his hand swung at Y/n's face. Only then, he realized that he's slapped the only doctor that's been taking care of him for a few days.

Y/n looked at him with shocked. "I'm just trying to help you." Y/n stood up and smiled. "But if you don't want to, then I'll leave." Kihyun froze as Y/n walked away. He's confused whether to accept the truth and ran after Y/n or just waited for himself to be collected by the institute's guards and  live inside that glass room. He turned to look at Y/n. Her figure slowly disappearing.

He finally made up his mind.

"Y/n!"