One Week Later

💜💜💜

Jane's POV

Aaren seemed distracted as we walked through the park while a light wind blew ruffling our hair and cooling the heat from the sun.

"Ar, what is the matter?" I softly asked my brother, giving him a side glance. "Nothing Jane, just thinking about something. Anyway, let's go drink some coffee," he said giving me a smile and turned toward Rose's Coffee Shop, limping slightly.

I dropped my head a little and jogged to catch up with him. Even though I'm a year older he's taller than I am, it doesn't bother me much though.

I shivered a little as we walked into the coffee shop, the air from outside different from inside but it felt a little bit better.

"I'll go order, get us a table?" Asked Aaren his blue eyes lightly sparkling because of the light. I nodded, squeezing his hand gently before walking away.  I scanned the shop seeing one or four people inside the place nearly empty. My eyes locked on a booth on the left side of the shop by the window near the door.

I sat down, keeping my jacket on, sitting near the window and looked outside. The shop sat on the corner of Vix Street so I was looking at a building across the road or just looking at people.

"Here's a coca for you sis and for me a vanilla frappe," said Aaren as he slid into the booth across from me while handing me my cup. I smiled my thanks, blowing lightly on it before taking a sip.

"Aaren want to invite Èloïse over later for a movie night?" I asked my brother who was staring at something outside. He nodded not tearing his eyes away from whatever was distracting him.

I frowned and followed his line of view, my gaze locking on a female in business clothing who was on her knees coughing and struggling to breath.

I titled my head, heart beating loudly and my gut twisting in…an unknown feeling. But something is not right.

A male walked to her asking her if she was alright, at this point she'd stop coughing and just sat there.
The female titled her head up, her eyes glazed over before she reeled back and bit into the male's neck.

I clasped a hand over my mouth, stopping myself from crying out as others rushed to help. She attacked them as well. My eyes went back to the bitten male, he got up and attacked a female on his left and everyone was in a panic.

My blood was running cold and I had no idea what to do. "…ane..Jane!" Snapped a voice making me look toward my brother. He looked confused as he gripped my wrist tightly.

I shook my head and said, "Ar, we need to find a weapon. Now," he nodded and looked around the room.

People were either screaming, running around or starting fights and some cowered in a booth. My eyes locked on a wrench laying near a bucket of water as well as an iron pipe for some reason.

I quickly walked over to it, hearing Aaren follow me and telling me to be careful. I grabbed both, making sure not to somehow cause damage to my left arm and handed Aaren the crowbar. He looked determined/worried but stable.

"Let's go and be careful," I murmured to him, he nodded and grabbed my free hand with his right one and began heading for the door.

He came to a halt as the door slammed open and two….of them stumbled in. Growling and snapping their teeth while titling their heads in different ways.

I swallowed past the lump in my throat and whispered to Aaren, "don't move a muscle." He hummed softly, grip tightening on my hand as they began drawing near.

The female one who was covered in blood and…other things, snapped her teeth near my cheek. I controlled my breathing and tried to calm my heart as it moved closer. I almost jumped when a lout crash came from the back of the shop.

Causing both to race to the back growling and snapping teeth, immediately Aaren bolted out of the door, few following our lead.

Aaren stopped short when he saw the dissray  of the streets, dead bodies littered the streets, some people were still trying to fight back or run others getting eaten…or turned. My eyes flicked to where our car stood which was across the street.

Thing was…..

There was three of them right next to it.

💜💜💜

Taegikook224 & CastrarWolf

💜💜💜