Mr Linden

We headed through the giant library until we reached a door that fadedly said "Private". We entered. The room appeared to be his home. We sat down on a old retro couch and had an awkward silence. Five minutes later he broke the silence and questioned "Would you like a cup of tea?"
"No thanks." The silenced continued.
"Um... Thank you for taking me home when I hit my head," I said wearily. "No problem, Darling," he said politely. "Since your in a my library how about we read?"
" What types of books do you have, sir?" I asked.
"Why don't I show you? Right this way. What books do you like to read?"
"I can't read, sir. Can you teach me?"

The man with his mouth open with surprise eagerly nodded his head. I jumped up and down in excitement, my school didn't teach very much, I couldn't wait to read I seemed so much fun.
I followed him back into the library. he searched the walls until he found a book with what looked like a small person with butterfly wings and colourful flowers with smiling faces. The book looked like a photograph from a imaginative dream.
Mr Linden started reading and through the book I realised the people with butterfly wings were called fairies and it was about a fairy called Maddison and her friends called Amanda and Sarah, they were fairies too and they join powers to make all fairies good.
There was brilliantly detailed drawings and the fairies were dressed in leaves and flower petals, they had sparkly little wands and beautiful tiaras. I tried to read along but I didn't know how to read yet. When he finished the story he quickly grabbed a book that was smaller and the words were bigger. The book was a alphabet book. He pointed at a letter. "Say this word," he commanded.
" Um...."
"A."
"A," I repeated.
"B."
"B," I repeated.
We carried on through the alphabet until I could remember it of by heart. he told me to go home and practice and come back tomorrow at noon. I heard the sound of rain and Mr Linden heard it also and he offered me a ride home. I politely agreed. So we quickly rushed to his old Cadillac. We entered the car soaking wet and laughing. We talked all the way home, which was five minutes drive. I learnt that Mr Linden was from Norway and that he was a doctor when he was younger. He retired in his forties and traveled to Te Puke, New Zealand.
He now lives in a old library and read all the books he could want.
I also was told that Mr Linden's wife had died of heart cancer five years ago. When he told me about his wife I had tears in my eyes.I felt sorrow for him, he has been all alone for five years.
When he realised I was crying he said that I was the closest friend he ever had and that I was a good friend. That made me feel really good inside, knowing that I had made his day. It made me happy that I finally had a person that said I was their friend.

That was the moment we arrived at my house. It was still raining and he followed me to the door. He knocked loudly on the oak door. It reminded my of that day he took my hurt body home to my mother but this time there was no urgency, it was the opposite he wanted to stay with me. He felt like he now had a really good friend.