CHAPTER 16

Ink's pov

He slowly fell asleep in my arms. He's been through SO much. I smiled and stood up, picked Error up, and put him back into the bed. I tucked him in, then sat on the edge of the bed. I looked over to the wall, where I saw six Sanses looking at me with a creepy smirk. I shivered and glared at them. They looked so creepy. Ew. Even Dream was giving me a look. I thought he would side with me! Agh!

"Just what are you nasty weirdos looking at?"

Red snorted and Science scrunched his face at the name. Dream snickered, Alter giggled and Ninja smiled. I have such awesome friends. I sighed happily. We sat in silence for a few minutes. Then Red spoke up.

"So, ya mind explainin' what the hell is goin on?"

Hoo boi. That's gonna be rough. I sigh.

"Well... It would be better if you read this."

I took out a piece of folded paper from the pocket in the sweater tied around my waist, unfolded it and handed it to Red. It was the note Error wrote before jumping into the void. He read it, and his eye sockets went blank. When he was finished, red tears were visible in his blank eyes. He was speechless. But then finally, he spoke up.

"So I was a jerk towards him because of you and Fate? We broke him because you wouldn't stop creating? Because damn Fate couldn't tell you a second time to stop tipping the balance? He suffered all this time and we made it worse."

Red sighed and curled up into a ball. Science put his arm around Red to comfort him. I'm not only causing Error pain, but because of my selfishness everyone else is suffering because they were simply following the orders I gave to hurt Error. I'm a horrible person. It would be better if I didn't exist. I feel a sinking feeling in my chest. It feels like something is pulling me down into the darkness. So this is how Error felt all this time? And it was because of me.

"Ink?"

If I had actually believed Error, he wouldn't be suffering as much.

"Ink."

Why did I tell everyone that Error was an emotionless destroyer? I'm the one who's SOULLESS!

"Ink!"

If I hadn't ignored Fate, everything would've been okay. Error would be happy.

"INK!!"

I gasp. Dream? I suddenly became aware of my surroundings. Dream was holding my shoulders, shaking me and pleading for me to snap out of it. The others were looking at me with concern.

"Huh...? What happened?"

"You just suddenly blanked, and then you started mumbling incoherent words, then you started crying. Ink... what's wrong...?"

I wiped the tears I had no clue existed then responded to Dream.

"Well... everything is my fault. Look how much I made Error suffer. Now everyone else is suffering from the guilt of hurting Error because of what I told them to do. I made everyone suffer. It's all my fault Dream."

I sighed and looked down. Then, Dream put his hand under my chin and made me look at him.

"Sure, everyone is guilty and we messed Error up, but it was only 7% of your fault. If Fate had just warned you again, you would've stopped. Who tore Error out of his AU? Fate. Who tortured Error in the anti-void? Fate. Who didn't bother to fix the balance herself instead of making someone else do all the work? Fate!"