"LUKE!" Maddy yells.

"YOU BASTARD!" Liam yells.

"MOTHER FUCKER!" I yell, landing on my ass. "YOU SHOT MY FOOT!"

"YOU INTERUPTED ME!" Liam yells.

My foot is bleeding pretty bad and I'm pretty sure the bullet is in my foot. I can feel it.

Liam runs.

Run all you want. I know who you are and I know where you live.

Maddy calls 9-1-1 and she's freaking out but I can't hear her talking. I can feel her touching my leg, trying to stop the bleeding but I can't feel anything else.

"Luke, everything will be okay, I promise." Maddy says.

Cal walks into the house and freezes. "What the hell?"

"Liam shot him in the foot." Maddy explains. "I already called 9-1-1."

"Sorry Maddy, I kinda shot myself." I say through pain. "It was an accident."

I can hear her eyes roll. "You'll be okay."

She looks worried, so that's not very reassuring.

---

*Maddy's P.O.V*

It took them twenty minutes to pull the bullet out. Luke was screaming so they put him to sleep to make it easier. Why they didn't do that in the first place, I will never know. They should have been smarter than that.

"Do you know who I am?" Luke asks. "That bastard needs to be arrested! Find him!"

"Luke, I know who you are, we've been friends since grade school. I will find him, I promise!" The officer states.

"You had better find him. I've got concerts to do!" Luke says angerly.

"Luke," I say. "You're gonna have to postpone the tour til you can walk again!"

He knows I'm right.

"Luke," I grab his hand and start to whisper. "Thank you for coming and helping me."

"You're like family to us." He seems to still be a little lupy from being knocked out. "I love my family and I protect them."

Through all the chaos, I forgot that Jared was still alive, so when he walks into the hospital, I melt. A darkness creeps into my heart and slowly engulfs it. My body turns white with cold and shivers. My eyes are locked on his as he makes his way toward me. Jared is alive. Why am I not use to it yet? He was my brother. I should be happy that he's alive and home, but I'm just not. I'm at a loss for words. I've wanted him back since I was told he was gone. Did they lie to me? Or were they lying to themselves and pulling me along for the ride? This is betrayel at its finest.

Cal walks in behind Jared. Why did Cal come back? He wasn't the one that protected me. Luke was.

"Maddy..." Cal starts.

I don't look at him. Yes, I still love him but hes the one that lied to me. He's the one that messed up. He pulls me into the hallway.

"Maddy, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything." He says.

"Sorry for what, Cal? Sorry that Jared was supposed to be dead but he's alive and I was lied to by the one I'm supposed to trust? Sorry that you couldn't be bothered to make sure your girlfriend was okay, but your bandmate did? Sorry that Luke was the one that called me family and you couldn't even bring yourself to call me your girlfriend?" I rag off.

"Maddy, I have called you my girlfriend, you just never hear me. You're either lost in space or far away from me when I say it. But you wanna hear me say it? I LOVE MY GIRLFRIEND MADDY!"Cal yells. "Happy?"

I roll my eyes. "Cal, Luke shouldn't have been the one that came for me. It should have been you."

"Luke disappeared on us. We didn't know he came here until it was too late. I would have came if I thought I wasn't gonna get a door in my face. I can't blame you for being mad at me but I love you and I never meant to hurt you. I know I promised I would never hurt you and I broke that. I wanted to tell you he was alive, but he's the one that wanted it to be a surprise. I wanted you to know as soon as I saw him! I wanted to make it something big for you!" He explains.

"Something big? And when did you ask me if I like big surprises? Cos' I don't remember being asked." I say flatly.

"Is there anything I can say to make this better? What do you want from me?" He asks. "I said I loved you, I said you were mine, I apologized! What else can I do for you to forgive me?"

I don't know if he can do anything. But I have to come up with something. I don't wanna completely lose what all I have.

"Fine, Cal. I'm giving you one more chance. One, that's all you get. You have to be open with me and not keep things from me unless its for my birthday or something." I give in.

"Okay, I really am sorry Maddy." Cal hugs me. I hug back.

"It's okay." I lie. It will never be okay but he has his last chance.

He'd better be careful with it.