chapter ten

~ = chapter 10 = ~

~ = chapter 10 = ~

The team decided to walk in a faster pace the deeper they went and the nearer they got to the tower. The fact that they heard that not only did the girl get kidnapped again, but now with the mom is very frustrating.

After they just finished saving the poor girl that Bob man has to strike again? What are his intentions? Why is he so hard to figure out?

Daniel sighed, trying to hide his pent-up anger, which is caught by Hosuh. The gray-haired healer was worried fo his friends. The mission was taking a toll on them, and now it's really important because the King is involved, too.

"Hey, guys, why do you think the King chased after them?" Hosuh asked, desperately trying to start a conversation.

Stephen shrugged. "I don't know why he would do something so foolish, but maybe the King has connections with the little girl? Or the mom?"

Ann nodded, agreeing with Stephen's theory. She stared at the ground beneath her. "Yes, I think I agree with the connections with the mom. Don't you think it's weird he only took action after hearing the mom also got kidnapped?"

"I get what you're saying, but, the whole time the King seemed so sad and frustrated," Hosuh chimed in. "I felt really bad. Maybe he's just looking out for his village?"

As they continued to walk and try to come up with theories and plans, Ann just kept on staring at the ground, frowning. She spoke up, "guys, don't you think it's weird? I feel like we've been going on circles?"

Daniel's eyes fitted around curiously. "Now that you've mentioned it, I feel like we've passed by this huge tree three times now!"

The four cursed (except maybe for Hosuh who might've said 'oh my gosh' instead of the much more mature profanities the rest cussed out). They just realized that they've fallen into a trap, an endless circle that seems impossible to escape.

"Well if we're in his trap right now then he's gotta be somewhere, right?" Stephen suggested, looking at Hosuh.

Hosuh got the hint and used detect evil. He tried his best, really. But the man's presence was faint, like he was covering his scent or presence itself. And he was alone.

"So?" Daniel asked, as Hosuh shushed him. "Ah, right, sorry, concentration."

Hosuh glared at a certain spot which made the three glance at it, too. It was the tree they kept on seeing, and they just realized that there was a shadow looming on the branches. But it's so dark you have to squint to see it.

"Gotcha," Stephen murmured and shot scorching ray at the shadow, but it disappeared before it can even touch the ray.

"Aha!" Hosuh pointed before falling to the ground with a loud thud, he then felt a kick to gis back. "Ow!" He shouted in pain.