Fourth Weekend in Advent - 4

The next morning I was woken up by the sun shining through the curtains. Dreamily I stretched my arms and yawned. "Girls!" I sat up. "It's time to rise and shine!"

"Shut up", Lou mumbled. But Ann jumped up and out of the bed. "No, you lazy ass", she giggled and grabbed Lou's blanket to pull it away at one go. I grinned and Lauren barked a laugh. I looked over to her with a grin on my face. I hadn't even noticed that she was awake. She was sitting on her bed and running her fingers through her long dark hair.

"Let's wake up the guys", I suggested. Lauren grinned. "Oh, I already know how." And with that, even Lou was wide awake and listened.

Giggling we got dressed. Then we tiptoed out of our room and downstairs.

******

Only few minutes later Lauren opened the door to the guy's room carefully.

"Good morning, boys", she chirped sweetly. No answer.

"Get up boys, it's our first day in the mountains", I added. No answer.

"Get up or we'll make you", Lou threatened. No answer.

"We are not joking!" Ann tried her best to hold back her giggles. No answer.

We shared a look.

One, two, three ...

We burst into the room with our eight hands full of snow, jumped on the beds and attacked the guys with the white, cold balls.

"AAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!"

By now Ann, Lou, Lauren and I were holding our stomachs, doubling over with laughter.

"Are you insane", Theo yelled. "What the ..." "No swearing", Ann yelled back. And Theo grabbed her arms. "Let go!" "You asked for it!" He pulled her down and she fell on top of him. He grabbed a small snow ball that hadn't melted yet and crashed it on her head.

When I noticed that Dean tried to reach out for me too, I quickly jumped off his bed. But he was fast, and before I could flee out of the room he had already grabbed me from behind. "I'll get you back for this", he whispered into my ear. "Noooooo!" But it was too late. He was already tickling my stomach.

According to Lauren's giggles Miles was doing the same. As I caught a glance at them I saw that he had somehow managed to pin her beneath him.

Only David took his time. "I hate you", he sighed. Lou giggled. She looked very pleased. The other boys were probably wondering why he wasn't getting any revenge. But the snowballs had already melted. And Lou wasn't ticklish, which David knew, of course. Slowly he stood up. He wasn't in a hurry as he pulled his shirt over his head and threw it on the bed lazily. Lou's eyes widened at this sight.

"You know what?" With one swift move David took her off guards as he picked her up in bridal style. "I was planning on taking a shower anyways." And with that he carried his protesting girlfriend out of the room.

When Dean finally let go of me, I pulled away from him breathlessly. My eyes met Lauren's and we both burst out laughing again at the same time. I stepped over to them, grabbed Miles leg and pulled him off my friend. With a loud thud he landed on the floor and Lauren jumped up. Together with Ann, who managed to pull out of Theo's grip just on time, we fled out the room.

"What about Lou", Lauren asked once we were safe. Ann and I were still breathless as we shared a look. "Uhm ..." I shook my head slightly and with that we hopped downstairs.

I'm not ready to get wet.

******

In the kitchen we prepared everything for breakfast. Miles, Theo and Dean joined us a few minutes later and set the table. David and Lauren were still gone. It took them a while until they finally came downstairs.

"Lou, why's your hair wet", Lauren asked innocently. Ann giggled. "She couldn't wait to shower." By that everyone except Lou was laughing. "Shut up, traitors." But that made us only laugh harder.

"Whose idea was this?" Miles tried to sound casual, still no one answered him. "Lauren?" She turned around and – caught the egg that came flying towards her with one quick move of her right hand. Miles stared at her with wide eyes. A surprised sound came out of Theo's mouth and even the girls and I looked at her impressed. "Wow", Miles finally said. "That was cool."

"Stop throwing eggs", Lauren said dryly and cocked an eyebrow confidently. She took a step towards him and handed him the egg back. Miles took it, his eyes were boring into Lauren's as he did so and all of a sudden I noticed the light pink on her cheeks. And with that, everything was clear to me.

"Cook them or leave them."

No one dared to answer her back as she continued to pour cornflakes into the bowls in front of her as if nothing had happened, and from that moment on the guys left us alone.

This weekend is going to be interesting.