Part 3

*** For the party scene, the outfits above are what they're wearing***

*** Picture belongs to it's rightful owner***

WEDNESDAY 9:00 AM

Ash and his friends found their seats in the Cynthia's VIP box and settled down to watch. They all munched on breakfast as they watched Steven and Alder walked onto the field. Their heads turned as a door opened and Cynthia, Diantha, and Lance walked in.

"Morning, everyone!" they greeted.

"Good morning!" everyone responded.

The 3 Champions took seats around the box as the battle began.

"Steven will win this." Lance said out of nowhere.

"How can you tell?" Dawn asked.

"The battle has barely started!" Bonnie exclaimed.

Lance smirked.

"I just know." he said. He turned to Ash and his friends . "It's so great you all came out to watch." Lance said.

"We're really excited we got to come. The timing was perfect." Ash said with a smile. "You see, we had just gotten back from the Kalos Region. Clemont, Bonnie, and Serena were staying with me back in Pallet Town."

"I see." Lance said with a smile. "I didn't know you knew Cynthia."

"I met them back in Amity Square, by the ruins. Ash's rival, Paul, challenged me to a battle." Cynthia explained.

"I assume you wiped the floor with him?" Lance laughed.

"That's not how I would put it." Cynthia told him.

Lance laughed before standing up out of his seat. He went to the back of the box where the snacks and drinks were. "Anyone need anything while I'm up?"

Everyone shook their heads no. He grabbed himself a soda and a bag of chips before plopping himself back down. Once Alder's third Pokemon was knocked out, Cynthia stood.

"Where ya going?" Bonnie asked curiously.

"She's battling next." Dawn said.

Cynthia nodded. "I'm up against Alder in a 1 V 1." she said. "There's a few things I need to take care of before my battle."

"Good luck, Cynthia!" everyone called as she left.

"I wonder who she plans on using." Dawn wondered once Cynthia was out of the room.

"She'll probably use her Garchomp." Ash said. "It's her strongest Pokemon, isn't it?"

"She won't." Lance said from where he was sitting.

"Oh, did she tell you who she's using?" Iris asked Lance.

He shook his head before smirking. "No."

"Intuition about type matchups?" Cilan questioned.

"Nope." Lance responded.

"Then how do you know!?" Bonnie asked, clearly frustrated.

"Because she'll be against me later today. And she knows I'll have my Dragonite." Lance said with a cocky yet joking grin.

Everyone scrambled for their programs. Sure enough, Cynthia and Lance were the final battle of the Tournament.

"I actually have no idea who she plans on using against Alder. But it for sure won't be Garchomp." Lance said.

Before they knew it, the battle had ended with Steven emerging victorious — just as Lance had predicted. Everyone scrambled out of the box to get lunch and snacks before the next battle began. Once everyone had food, they climbed back into the VIP box to watch the rest of the day's battles. Cynthia had won her match against Alder by having had selected her Milotic to face off against his Volcarona. Volcarona put up a great fight for being part fire type against a water type, but Milotic's newly learned hydro pump attack ended the battle. Steven and Diantha battled hard with the match ending with Steven as the winner by the slightest bit. He had used his Skarmory while Diantha had fought with Aurorus. Finally, it was time for the final battle. Cynthia and Lance were tied in the lead with 9 points each. The two stepped out onto the field. Cynthia was completely calm as she picked up her first Pokeball. Lance had a slight smirk on his face. The battlefield dropped down and a new one came in its place. The crowd gasped, as they had never seen this type of battlefield before. Rather than being split in half, it was split into quarters. One quarter had water, one quarter had grass, one quarter had rock, and the last quarter had scattered boulders all of which were on fire.