1 || It has begun

Chapter 1: It has begun

Summary: Short recap of [Y/N]'s life for the past 15 years and she makes a friend during the practical exam... 

A/N: I suck at summaries.

---

*OPENING SONG PLAYS*

[Y/N]'s P.O.V

Keigo age:  22 years

[Y/N] age: 15 years

Hi, my name is [Y/N], I'm 15 years old and applying for the UA hero course! I have a terrible relationship with my alcohol dependent father, my mom died when I was 12 and I was practically raised by my brother, who is also currently the No. 3 hero.

Big time skip right? So let me tell you how my life was flipped turned upside down.

So, my dad had been a drunk ever since I could remember. I never told anyone until Keigo found me bleeding on the floor, but he used to hurt me sometimes. I have a scar on my right shoulder from a bottle he hit me with but otherwise, the abuse was... mostly... verbal.

At age 9 he told me I'm not his biological child, which hurt like a bitch, and wanted me to call him by his first name instead of dad. So out of spite I completely ignored what he said and continued calling him dad. I've never thought about meeting my biological father anyway. I'm not sure why but I never really cared about finding out who he is.

My mom was always distant and sad, she used to take anti-depressants every day. She didn't seem to hate me like dad did but sometimes she'd look at me with such regret in her eyes. After I found out what she did I guess I understood why.

She'd created on dad with some other guy and became pregnant with me. Nothing can excuse her actions, but dad went overboard as well. He couldn't let it go.

After a while mom couldn't take it anymore. She hung herself. Dad blamed me for it. He said I was a constant reminder of her mistake. That's when he hit me with that bottle.

Keigo had come over to visit that day and walked in right when he attacked me with the bottle. He called our dad insane and took custody over me as fast as he could. So yeah, I've lived with him ever since, although he's not home often because of his hero work. But he checks in whenever he can.

My past may have been a wreck but I've decided not to let it define me. It's hard sometimes but... there's no point in crying over spilled milk, right?

Past aside, I've got an entrance exam to pass and a brother to impress!

Let's hope this goes well...

- TIME SKIP -

Right, so... the entrance exam. I already took the written test so now it was time for the practical part.

First things first, we were supposed to go to an auditorium for orientation. I didn't recognize anyone on my way to the building, is that good or bad? A lot of the students in my old school thought to be a hero was a farfetched dream we all had as children, so I guess I should've expected this. 

No one seemed to recognize me either, which was great honestly. After all, the only thing the public knows about me is my name. How they found out, I have no clue, but even so not many people care about the No. 3 hero's little sister. 

"Get out of my way now before I set you on fire." an angry voice said behind me. When I turned around I realized he wasn't talking to me, but a nervous-looking green-haired boy. The angry voice belonged to a blonde with spiky hair. Isn't that the guy from the news?