chapter5

14 years in the future

Amber POV 

I get dressed,into a black crop top, black shorts and black vans. i walk into the bathroom and but on mascara,eye liner and a dark purple eye shadow so that you can just barely see it. i walk out of my room to see hunter in a black muscle shirt,black basketball shorts and black vans. "hey hunter" i say, he nods back and we go to the training hall with our dad, the legendary four so that we can practice. We are considered the legendary 20 because our parents had two legendary 10's. i tie my hair into a pony tail since its so long, almost to my waist. We start with knife throwing, we both hit the target dead center every time, same with shooting. after about a hour aunt christina comes in with her son Jacob, he has dark hair  and green eyes, he comes and trains with us. zeke and shauna has one kid, Isabella she has blond hair like me but she has brown eyes, uriah and marlene have 2 kids Ash and Mike. they both have brown hair but mike has blue eyes while ash has brown, thats how we tell the difference. Ash likes me but i like Jacob but of course he likes isabella, i think but why wouldnt he, they would be perfect together, maybe i'll just be with ash and get my hind off of jacob. ash offers to help me with my knife throwing, i say yes even though its clear i dont need help. he comes anyway but instead of helping me he asks me to follow him. I tell my dad im going with ash and he reluctantly says ok. I make eye contact with jacob as i leave and i cant understand his expression. Ash takes me to the chasm and he starts to walk down a small secret passage way to a small rock and we sit, watching the chasm. I recognize this place as the place where my parents had their first kiss, that must have been romantic. after a while he says "i really like you amber, and i would like to go on a date with you." i pause and take it what he says, as im about to say something he leans in and kisses me! but pulls back soon after and says "i'll see you later amber" and walks away. 

i go back to the training hall and contiue knife throwing, do i have feelings for ash? or is my mind still set on jacob?